chapter 7

me
mingyu

wanna hang

i told you id make it up to you

mingyu
took you long enough to ask

🙄🙄

me
im sorry did you just sass on me after i ask you to hang out with me?

ugh

nvm lets not hang out

ihy

mingyu
no🥺

me
pick me up ugh sjdbskdb

.

"It's so cold outside, why did you take so long?" I complain as I close the car door. He was driving. "Hey, I picked you up, you have no rights to complain. Plus, there was traffic." Mingyu rolled his eyes.

"Where'd you wanna go?" I ask, putting on my seatbelt. "I already had one planned. It's a surprise." I puckered my lips in curiosity. "Wow~ Kim Mingyu finally being a responsible person~"

"Oi, shut up." He lightly hits me, making me point my finger at him. "I only speak truth." Mingyu laughs, rolling his eyes.

"Did you sleep well?" Mingyu asks, as I nodded. I slept for a long time, wanting to catch up from the sleep I lost from doing work. Luckily, I had another day off and I planned to spend it with Mingyu since I felt bad for ditching his party.

"It's still kinda far, you can get more sleep."

"Do I really look like someone who's only thing to do is sleep?" I laugh as Mingyu only nods. I hit his shoulder, glaring into his soul. "Ouch." He pouted.

I paused, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket. I ignored it, feeling too lazy to check it out. I continued to chat with Mingyu, as I was really invested in our conversation.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I felt my phone vibrate constantly. My eyes widened, realizing that it may be what I think it was.

"Remember wh—"

"Wait." I cut him off, pulling the phone out my pocket as I quickly unlock it. I was right. It was him.

.

unknown
finally

me
omg what do you want

and i didnt tell you NOT to hack my phone again?

unknown
uhm

hehe

me
do you want me to come over again?

you changed unknown's nickname to minghao

minghao
i was going to ask if i can call you

but

i think seeing you in person is much better:)

.

I felt my heart freeze. I felt the need to abandon everything for this man and now I think it's what I'm doing. As much as I felt bad, I felt like I was doing the right thing.

"Mingyu, can you drop me off here?"

"Huh?" Mingyu looked at me, confusion evident in his eyes. "You're ditching me again?" He licked his lips, avoiding my eyes.

"I'm sorry but I actually need to meet someone special."

"Am I not special to you, then?"

I was baffled from his sudden question, making me unabe to speak properly for a few seconds.

"Yes, of course you are. But this person'a more important as of the moment. I know we went out today but I promise I'll make it up to you. No interruptions whatsoever."

Mingyu stares at me, dissappointment evident in his facial expressions. I felt bad, but I couldn't really pass on the opportunity to hang out with Minghao.

"I can't really stop you, can't I?"

I pursed my lips, slowly shaking my head in denial.

He lets out a sigh before bringing up his pinky. "Huh?" Confused, I slightly tilted my head. "Pinky promise. I will kill you if you break this."

I laugh, bringing my pinky to his. He acts like an actual child sometimes but it's what makes him special. "I promise." I smile, sealing the promise.

"I have to go, thanks!" I open the door, waving goodbye to him. "Stay safe!" He shouted just as I closed the door. I sent him a thumbs up and a wave before running off.

.

"Oi, you're seriously eating without me? Wow, the audacity." I scoffed, flopping down on his bed. "You really don't know how to treat a person, huh?" I picked his chopsticks up, stuffing some food in my mouth.

"Hey– You act like as if we know each other since forever."

"Why? You don't want me to?" I complained, leaning in for another bite. "It was a joke, Y/N. I love how you're comfortable with me." I raised my eyebrow at his choice of words. Noticing that, I made the decision of teasing him with it.

"Oh? You like me being comfy with you?" I stood up, placing the chopsticks down. "Then it's fine with you that I'm this close, right?" I lean close to his face, as I felt him tense up. Seeing how he got flustered by my unexpected actions, my plan worked.

"I'm kidding. You had something on your face." I grinned, taking it off his face. "Y- You..." He breathed out, slightly looking away.

Minghao grabs the water bottle by the table before gulping it down in one go. My eyes stuck on him, somehow unable to remove my gaze from him. There was really something different from him that just randomly makes me heart beat faster.

"Done staring, Y/N?"