chapter 16

"You didn't tell me we were going to the beach?!" I complained, gesturing to my outfit, which was definitely not something to wear when going to the beach.

Minghao laughs at me, as he dragged me out of his car. "I won't push you in the water, I promise." The mischevious smile on his face says otherwise but nonetheless, I got off.

I followed behind him, my footsteps slow and dragged, wanting to piss him off.

"Y/N, hurry up."

Hearing him complain, a small grin was plastered on my face as I jogged, catching up to walk beside him.

"Minghao, I won't push you so, please, don't push me either." I begged him as he grins at me. "I won't." I stared at him for a good few seconds before finally trusting him.

I decided to take off my shoes, bending down to untie my shoelace. But before I could even untie it properly, I felt myself lose balance and tip over as Minghao pushes me.

I instantly glared at him as I sit on the sand. He laughs at me, as he enjoys himself, amused at the childish act he did to me. I scoff, continuing with untying my shoelaces. As I removed both of them successfully, he offered his hands to help me up but I only slapped it away, too bitter to accept it.

"Mean." Minghao complains, crossing his arms. I furrowed my eyebrows, getting up on my own as I laid my hands on his chest, pushing him. He slightly tumbles as I laugh, watching as the amused look on his face turn into a shocked one.

"Y/N!"

He whines, as he starts to run after me. My eyes widened, as I ran as fast as I could, too scared that he'd catch up to me and throw me to the sea.

"No, wait, don't!" I slowed down, looking behind me to see that he had no intention of going easy on me. "Minghao, I'm sorry!" I nervously laugh, slowing down to a jog as he gets closer to me. An idea came into my mind, thinking that it'll help me escape.

"Minghao, I love you!"

Minghao halts to a stop as he hears my words. My eyes widen, shocked that my plan worked. I took it as a chance and ran away, widening the gap between us.

"Boo, loser!" I teased him, bringing an 'L' to my forehead as I stuck my tongue out at him. I let out a small scream as he immediately speeded up, running full force to catch me. I was too scared to even do anything, so I remained on my spot, knowing that he won't possibly kill me.

"MINGHAO!" I shouted as he collided with me, causing the both of us to fall on the sand. "Why didn't you avoid me?!" Minghao coughs, laughing at the same time. "I wanted to see what you'd do." I laugh with him, as sand got into my clothes.

"Did you inhale the sand? Are you okay?" Minghao lifts himself, as he sits upright as my was back still in contact with the ground. I smiled at his sudden act of concern.

"I'm fine." I dusted the sand off my clothes, also sitting up. I stood up, deciding to wash my hands by the water since it was really sandy. I slowly walked over, keeping my eyes on Minghao, knowing that he'd do something mischevious.

As I felt the water on my feet, I crouched down to wash my hands. I felt my heart leave my body as I could feel light footsteps from behind me. It was Minghao. Before I could react, I felt a pair of hands on my torso, pushing me.

My defensive reflex made me grab on Minghao's shirt, as we both went down together. I felt the cold water hit my body, as we were both submerged under water.

I let go of him, sitting up as I gasp for air. It was freezing as fuck. I felt chills go down my body as my teeth started chattering. "M- Minghao, I-I-I fucking h-hate you." I shivered, as I felt a gust of cold wind pass by.

Although he was also soaking wet, his first reaction was to laugh at me. "You still love me though!" Minghao grins, as he wraps his arms around me. I remained silent, not wanting to give any feedback to him. I had no choice but to snuggle in his arms, since he was my only source of warmth.

Well, was.

I felt myself get lifted from the ground, as we fell into the water once again. I immediately let him go, kicking him off as he was trying to drown me.

"Did you just try and drown me?!" I look at him in disbelief as he smiles, shrugging. "I hate you so much." I cried as he hugs me, once again. Even though I knew that he'd throw me in again, I accepted the hug, since he was the only thing keeping me warm.