chapter 13

I sit in his room alone, still quite shaken up.

"Wait, so does that mean... We're... We're together now?" I felt my heart beat faster as I stood up on the bed in shock. "Yo?!" I didn't know why I was so happy. I was already in countless of relationships before but this was the first time I actually felt real happiness.

"Am I dreaming?" I ran my hand through my hair, a huge smile on my face. "I'm not, right?" I pinched myself, and as I felt the pain, that's when I knew it was actually real.

"What are you doing?" I froze as I saw the door open, Minghao entering the room with a bowl of soup. "I only left for a couple of minutes and you've lost your mind?" He teases as he closes the door, setting the bowl down on a table.

"Get down from there and eat the soup. It'll help you with your hangover." Minghao approaches me, grabbing me by my arm as he pulled me down and onto the chair. I quietly sat down, too embarrassed and flustered to reply.

"...Are you sure you aren't trying to poison me?"

Minghao frowned, crossing his arms. "Seriously, Y/N?" I laugh, picking up the spoon to eat.

"Wow, it actually tastes good." I take another spoon, as the warmth relieved my headache. "Of course it does, I cooked it." Minghao had a smug smile on his face, making me roll my eyes.

"Did you talk to Mingyu?" I asked, as they probably met last night. "Wait... You... You hacked my phone again?" I glared at him as he looked away.

"Minghao, I told you not to."

"You were in danger."

"But you still hacked me." Minghao lets out a sigh, grabbing a seat and sitting in front of me. "Do you not realize that you'd be in so much trouble if it weren't for me?" He stares into my eyes as I stayed silent.

"They could've took advantage of you."

"And you could've too."

Minghao froze, looking at me with an unreadable expression. "What are you trying to say?" He shakes his head, his happy expression slowly disappearing.

"It means I trust you, that's all."

Minghao's eyes softened as a soft smile returned to his lips. "You scared me." I let out a laugh, sticking my tongue out at him.

"It's what you deserve, you jerk."

"Oh, so that name is back, huh?"

I snicker, shoving another spoonful of soup into my mouth.

"...But please. Stop hacking." I brought the topic up again as I frowned, leaning against the seat. I didn't like how he could do the exact same thing to me with anyone else. Minghao leans forward, raising his eyebrows.

"You don't need to worry," Minghao laughs, clicking his tongue.

"Your phone is the only thing I'll ever invade."

I mimicked his actions, leaning forward as I raise my eyebrows.

"Then explain what you did to my heart."

His eyes widened, light pink dusting his cheeks as he looked away, slightly flustered. "Since when did you learn to say pick-up lines?" Minghao coughed, trying to take my attention away from his flustered self.

"Why? Are you flustered?" The tease made him hit me. "Would you stop?" Minghao mumbles, as he hid from me.

"Why are you suddenly shy? Last time I checked, you were the cockiest person I've ever met."

"People change, Y/N." I could feel him tug on my arm, as he pulled me off my seat before throwing me to the bed. He grabbed the nearest pillow before repeatedly smacking it on me.

"Yah!" I cried out as I rolled over, choking on my own saliva. "You were asking for a fight." Minghao huffs, trying to contain his laughter.

"NOT A PHYSICAL ONE!" I groaned, laying on my back as I try to catch my breathe. As soon as I regained my strength, grabbing the pillow he used on me as I fought back.

"No, stop! I retreat, sorry!"

A huge grin was on my face as he shields his face using my hands. Dropping the pillow, he slowly brought down his hands.

"Okay thank— Yah! Stop!" I started hitting him with my hands instead, to which his complaints started getting closer.

"Y/N, I will fight back."

"Then fight back! I'm no coward!" I laugh, as he fails to defend against me. "Oh, you asked for it." I felt my breathe get stuck in my throat as his hands wrap around my waist, catching me off-guard.

Minghao proceeds, throwing me on the bed. "You can't– ha...– You can't use the same– the same technique– again!"

"You're being a hypocrite, Y/N." Minghao pouts as he watches me grab the pillow I dropped a while ago. "I declare war!" I huffed, standing up with the pillow.

"Yeah sure, declare a war when you already know you'll lose." I raised my eyebrow at his cockiness. "Careful with your words, mister. I may not look like it but I can fight." I glared at him as he only shrugs, not believing my words.

I hit him as hard as I can, as he flinched. Though he didn't back off easily, hitting me with the same amiunt of strength I used. I stumbled a bit, before hitting him again. He lost footing for a bit before standing up straight again, a goofy grin on his face.

Minghao giggled under his breathe, smacking me with the pillow, but this time, using twice the strength he used earlier. "Yo–" I nervously laugh as I stumbled, unable to regain my balance.

"Ack!" As I was caught off-guard, Minghao took it as a chance and tackled me on the bed. He secured his hands on my wrists, pinning me on the bed.

"I win."

Minghao breathed heavily, as he stared into my eyes. His hot breath hit my face as I felt my face heat up.