chapter 11

"Are you finally sober?" I blinked a few times, as I opened my eyes in a car. "Me? Sober? Always has been! I'm not drunk!" I was suddenly filled with energy even if I just woke up.

"Why do your drunkness last so long?" Minghao complains, keeping his eyes on the road. I look around, finding his car quite fancy. "Why are you treating my car as if it's a tourist spot?" He comments, glancing at me.

I look at him in confusion. "It's not a tourist spot?" Minghao bursts out into pure laughter, as I could only stare at him.

"I'm tired." I yawned, the energy disappearing even if I just woke up from a nap. "Already? You were passed out for thirty minutes." I nodded, propping my head onto the window, as I got ready for my second round of napping.

"Y/N, no. Don't fall asleep. We're near my apartment. I won't carry you." Minghao taps my thigh, wanting me to wake up and not fall asleep. I whine in response, scratching my head in annoyance.

"Fine." I remained silent, and decided to admire the view instead. I looked out the car window as I watch the busy people fill the streets up.

A familiar building came into my sight, and I could tell that we were, in fact, near his apartment. The car slowed down, as he was parking the car. My eyes shifted to Minghao, who seemed focused in making sure the car was in the right place.

I didn't know why, but I found it attractive. The way his eyebrows were slightly furrowed as his mouth was slightly agape.

"You're hot when you drive."

Minghao froze from my sudden compliment, as he looked at me with a flustered expression. "Do you have different drunk personalities?!" He exclaimed in surprise.

Minghao shakes his head, "I– I... You... You really know how to catch someone off-guard, huh?" I tilted my head, smiling at him. "I wasn't lying." I dropped my smile as I stare at him with an unreadable expression.

"Y/N...?" Minghao was always someone who would catch me off-guard and tease me all the time. But he couldn't really respond properly. I was drunk.

He didn't know if he was supposed to respond to me as if I was sober, or tell me to calm down. Or neither, ignoring me was a choice too.

I rested my elbows on the compartment in the middle of our seats, as I was getting more closer to him each second. Literally.

"Y/N, I'm taking you up— Mmph?!"

I had no control over my body. I leaned in, my lips making contact with his. I could feel him tense up, as he didn't know what to do. I backed off, a sneaky smile on my face.

"Again," Minghao breathed out, his face slightly bright red. My eyes sparkled as he placed his hand on my shoulder, leaning in for another kiss.

I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling. "What...?" I immediately felt a pounding headache, making me groan. "You're finally sober." Minghao enters the room with a glass of water.

My eyes widened as I checked under the sheets to check if we... did it. "Y/N, what the fuck?!" Minghao laughs at me as I glare at him. Thankfully I was still in my clothes.

"Why am I here? Did I sleep here? When did I get here? What happened to the party? Huh..." Realization hit me, that I wasn't in my home and I was currently in Minghao's apartment.

Memories came back from when I first visited. Right. It was here.

"So many questions. I'm supposed to be the one asking." Minghao sits besides me, handing me the glass of water. I took it, before downing it down. It partly relieved my pounding headache, but nonetheless, it was still annoying.

"Answer mine first, I asked first." I handed him the empty glass as he sighs. "You were drunk. You seriously don't remember what happened?" Minghao seemed hesitant with what he said, his eyes wandering over the place. What exactly happened last night?

"Me? Drunk? Are you sure you saw the right person? I don't get drunk."

"Y/N, but you were." His gaze hardened as I frowned. I was confused. Never, in my life have I gotten myself drunk. I had high alcohol tolerance.

"If you really remembered then tell me. Tell me what happened last night at the party."

I opened my mouth to speak but no words left my mouth.

"See? You don't even remember."

"All I remember was getting back from the bathroom, then... I think I accidentally ate something spicy. And I drank my drink. It was all that I remembered. After that, none."

Minghao frowned, as if he wanted me to say something else. "I'll ask your friend instead." He shakes his head before standing up from the bed to leave.

"Did something happen last night?"

I ask him, feeling anxious. There was definitely something that happened.

"Nothing important." He replied without looking back, before going out the room, leaving me alone to ponder on what really happened.