chapter 8

"You know, this is why you don't have a lover." I scoff as I see him eat all the food himself. He didn't leave any for me.

"Y/N, I have an idea." Minghao cuts me off, grabbing my arm. I eyed him, curious but at the same time I wanted to ignore him for the sake of fun.

I hummed, actually wanting to hear it. Minghao pulled me down, catching me off guard. I dropped to his side, as I sat close to him on the bed.

"Be my lover instead."

Minghao holds me tightly, staring into my eyes. My face erupted in blushes, making me look away in embarrassment. "Real funny, Minghao." I pushed him off, giving myself space to breathe after... that.

"Say it again." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Huh?" I expressed my confusion as he stares at me, a blank expression om his face.

"My name,"

Minghao smiled, tapping his fingers against the bedsheets. "Say it." I squinted my eyes at his request. I shook my head, not wanting to give him what he wants.

"No," I stuck my tongue out at him as his smile drops. "Say it." I shake my head childishly as he pouts, trying to use cuteness. It wasn't going to work on me.

"Fine, I won't talk to you until you say it." Minghao lays back on the bed, avoiding my eyes. I blinked, wondering if he'll really ignore me. "Huh?" I tap his thigh, as he didn't budge.

"Oi"

"Pst."

"Are you seriously doing this?"

I frowned, this is annoying. "You're so childish." I huffed, hitting his thigh.

"Minghaoooooo" I complain, whining. A smile appeared on his lips as he heard his name leave my lips. I felt my heart skip a beat as he smiled.

"See? Wasn't so hard now, was it?" Minghao teases, his smile widening. I felt my heart beat faster at his smile but he was still annoying nonetheless.

"Now say it again." I scoffed, pushing him away. He was definitely playing around with me. "How about, no?" I scrunch my nose up at him as a way of teasing. He only pouted before speaking up again. "Say it, Y/N."

"No! Make me!" My smile instantly dropped as I saw a mischievous smile crawl on his lips. I felt my heart beat faster as he crawled over to me before tackling me.

Minghao attacked my sides as I burst into laughter. He let out small giggles in amusement. I was slowly losing my breathe as he continues on teasing me. "Minghao— I'm sorry! Please stop!" I cried out in laughter as he only snickers, slowing down to a stop.

I panted, my face red from laughing too much. "I fucking hate you," I glared at him with so much rage as I breathed out, hair and clothes disheveled. "No you don't." Minghao cutely smiles, my glare softening.

"Why are you so irresistible?" I complain, looking away in embarrassment. As much as I wanted to get my revenge and make him suffer as he did to me, I didn't. "It's because you love me~" Minghao teases, his grin widening.

"I do."

"Y— Huh?"

Minghao was about to tease me again, only for him to run out of words to say. "Y- You do?" He anxiously licked his lips as his pupils dilate. "Maybe." I only smile as he stares at me, dumbfounded.

"Eh, Y/N~" Minghao pouts as a hint of disappointment flashed in his eyes. "But honestly. Tell me, do you like me?" The atmosphere changed in a split second. It was no where near a joking atmosphere.

I grit my teeth, not really knowing how to answer the question. "Do you like me?" I tried to return the question to him in an attempt to avoid answering. But he only ended up giving it back to me by saying, "I asked you first."

"Should we say our answers at the same time?"

"Y/N, that's childis–"

I cut him off, finding the situation quite off-putting. I just wanted to move on to the next topic. For some reason I wanted him to say yes but at the same time no.

"3, 2, 1–"

My heart was beating faster and faster for each second that passed. I was honestly nervous for no reason. This could mean absolutely nothing to him but it does to me. And I didn't know the reason as to why I wanted to receive such a response from him.

"Yes."

I felt my heart stop at his response.

"For real?" I breathed out, suddenly feeling energy get drained from my body. "Like, you're not actually kidding?"

"Why would I lie about this?" Minghao looks at me, a look of disbelief written across his face.

"People lie all the time, Minghao."

"But I would never, to you. You know me."

"But I don't." I countered him. It was the truth though, I don't know him well. The only thing I know about him is his name and that's pretty much about it.

"Then get to know me."