chapter 6

I woke up to the sound of my phonr ringing in my ears. I immediately sat up, as memories from last night were all a blur. I rubbed my eyes as I dismissed the call without seeing who it was from, only to see a hundred notifications from Mingyu.

I didn't bother reading or answering them and only laid back down on bed. I felt tired and exhausted even though I just woke up. It was as if I used every ounce of my energy last night.

Then, my eyes widen as memories came back to me. I met with Minghao. I rubbed my eyes, just realizing the things I've done with him.

Hearing a doorbell, I lazily got off my bed to see who it was, disturbing my morning. I quickly tapped on my monitor, to see Mingyu waiting by the door. He was leaning against the wall, seemingly have been waiting for a while. My eyes widen as I open it, wondering what he was doing at my place at 7AM.

"Mingyu?"

As he heard the door open, he immediately came up to me with a worried look. "Are you okay? Why didn't you come? I had to come here and abandon the party. You weren't home though. Where were you?"

I let out a sigh at the amount of questions he threw at me. "It's cold, get inside." I pulled him in my apartment, getting cold myself even if I only spent seconds outside. Today seemed to be the first day of winter.

"Aren't you cold?"

"I am." Mingyu stuffs his hands in his pockets, as he looks around as if it's his first time in my place. "Why are you looking around? It's not your first time here." I motioned him to sit down and went into the kitchen to get him a cup of hot chocolate.

"So, where were you?"

"Shh, take a seat first and I'll answer your questions. It's too early for me to hear your scolding." I stretched my arms, feeling tired even although I just started the day.

I sit next to him, handing him a mug of hot chocolate. "Do I really look like a kid for you to bring hot chocolate for me?"

"Yes, you do. Now, drink up before it gets cold. You're probably freezing out there while waiting— Why didn't you call me?"

"Y/N, you didn't answer my calls."

I let out a small 'oh' before laying on the couch, putting my feet on his lap. "Wow, you must be comfortable around me." Mingyu pats my feet, which tickled me a little.

"Can you now answer my questions? I was really worried."

"No. Let me sleep first."

Mingyu clicked his tongue, making me sit up. I felt the world spin as he used his strength to lift me up. "Answer me, then you can go to sleep. I was worried as hell." He stared into my eyes with so much seriousness, it made me unable to fight back.

"Why are you so worked up? At least I'm here, right?"

"Y/N."

Mingyu replied with a stern voice, letting me know that he was serious. I let out a sigh, knowing that I was just going to answer him one way or another. "I was with someone."

"Y/N, you and I both know I'm your only friend that you trust."

I scoffed, raising my eyebrow. "Did you just insult me and compliment yourself in one sentence?" Mingyu shakes his head, patting my head. "It's true, though."

I only forced a smile and eyed him. "That isn't important. Anyways, I was with him and what matters is that I'm still here without a single cut. Is that enough? I'm going to sleep, I'm still sleepy."

"Him? Who were you with?"

I look at him with an irritated look. "Mingyu stop meddling with my personal life. You don't own me."

"Y/N, I was just worried. What if you were hurt?" I let out a sigh, realizing how much I must've worried him. He was the only person I hung out with and I suddenly disappear. "I'm sorry."

Mingyu smiles, ruffling my hair.

"Next time at least tell me where you were." I nodded, a grin on my face. "Now, go back to sleep. I only came to see if you're safe." He then pushes me back on the couch for me to sleep on.

"Are you leaving?"

"After you fall asleep."

I nodded, standing up to head back in my room. "Stay in my room or something. Make yourself comfy." I stretch my arms, feeling sleepy.

"I will." Mingyu replies, trailing behind me. "Y'know," I say, entering my room as I flop back onto my bed. "You're the greatest friend I could ever have."

Mingyu looks at me as I lay on my back. He sits next to me with an unreadable expression. "Friend?" I hum, thinking if he was dissatisfied with my response.

"You don't like it? Uhm... best friend...? Ew, that sounds cringey." I scrunched my nose at the thought of calling someone my best friend. I didn't like how it sounded like a thing a middle schooler would say. Not that I have anything against it though.

Mingyu only looks at me with a dissappointed look on his face. He mutters something under his breath that made me look at him in curiosity. "What was that?"

"Nothing. Get some rest."