Part Forty-Two

“And there’s your baby” I hear Stephanie say. I look up from my stomach to the screen on the wall. I feel myself welling up as I look at my unborn child. You can’t really see it properly, but it looked beautiful all the same, our beautiful baby. At that moment I feel Elliot squeeze my hand slightly. I turn to look at him and there he is, staring at the screen with a tear rolling down his cheek. I smile at him and he quickly wipes the tear away.

“Just think, that little angel is living inside of you” he says, as he gives me a smile.

“I know and soon, we’ll be bringing them into the world” I tell him, as I rub my thumb against his hand.

“Yeah, then we can be a real family” he says, as he looks back up at the screen.

“Would you like to know the sex?” Stephanie asks us. I immediately look at Elliot, who looks at me too.

“Shall we?” he asks me.

“I don’t know, do you want to?” I ask him.

“Well I don’t want to now if you don’t” he tells me. He’s so sweet sometimes.

“Yes” I say, as I turn back to the nurse, she smiles, before looking back at the screen.

“It’s a boy” she says and me and Elliot just look at each other. A boy. I’m having a little baby boy. The most perfect and precious boy there ever was.

“Here you go” the nurse says, getting my attention. I turn back to look at her and she’s holding three photo’s of the scan. I take them from her with a smile.

“Thanks” I say, and she then picks up a small box of tissues.

“Here, you can clean the liquid off of your belly now” she smiles. I pull a tissue out of the box, before wiping the horrible goo off of me and pulling my top down. I then stand up and walk over to the bin, where I throw the tissue again, before walking back over to the love of my life.

“So, I’ll see you in about a month” the nurse says and I nod, before holding onto Elliot’s hand and then heading to the door. As we walk out of the doctors, I turn to look at him and it’s quite obvious that he’s just as excited about this whole situation as I am. I didn’t think I would be this happy about having a baby, but it seems nothing is ever as it seems. Now I’ve seen the scan, it looks more real and I just know I can’t get rid of it. I would take this over being in uni any day. This means a lot more to me than getting a degree anyway.

“Now we just have to think of a name” Elliot says, as we walk out of the doctors and into the car park.

“I know. We need to find a really nice one though because we don’t want to regret it, do we?” I ask him. We soon find our selves getting into the car and pulling away from the doctors.

“Who regrets naming their child?” Elliot laughs.

“Well I think I would if I called my kid Bob or Dick” I tell him, which makes him smirk a little.

“That’s true” he says, as he moves his left hand on top of mine. I smile at the though. I can’t believe I’m going to be a mum and Elliot’s going to be the dad. I never even thought I would be lucky enough to meet him, let alone fall in love and have a baby. He’s everything I expected him to be and so much more. I wouldn’t change my life for the world right now.

“Where are we going?” I ask, as I realise we’re going in the wrong direction.

“You’ll see” he says, as rubs my hand for a second.

“I love you” I tell him, whilst smiling at the side of his face.

“I love you too” he says, as he glances at me and then looks back at the road. He’s just so perfect and I know he’s going to be an amazing dad.

About ten minutes later, we find ourselves parked outside of a bungalow. It looks really sweet. The front garden looks about a mile wide and there are flowers growing everywhere. Elliot parks the car in the drive way, where there are already two cars parked. He turns to me and smiles, before undoing his seat belt.

“Where are we?” I ask him, nervously.

“Like I said, you’ll see. Now get out of the car” he says, with a reassuring smile. I decide to follow his orders and get out of the car. I slam the car door behind me and Elliot waits at the front of the car for me. When I finally reach him, he takes my hand, before buzzing the car doors closed. We then walk towards the front door together. I stand nervously in front of the door, whilst Elliot rings the door bell. It’s not long before the door swings open and there’s a happy looking woman standing in front of me.