Part Sixteen

"Aren't you scared, I'm just going to make up a load of stuff again?" I ask down the phone. It's Ella. I don't know why she wants to talk now, after what happened earlier, I don't know whether I want to speak to her. I thought she knew me better than that, but obviously not. 

"No. Well I'm sorry, but it's not exactly a likely story is it?" she asks, sounding like she's getting annoyed and to be honest, I couldn't care less. 

"So you're not even going to apologise for calling me a liar?" I ask her, beginning to get annoyed myself. 

"I never said that" she denies. 

"Well not in those words, but you might as well have done" I tell her, but se doesn't seem to be getting the message. Who does she think she is? Judging me all the time. She doesn't know what it's like to be in this position, she has the perfect life and mines ruined. 

"Well you can understand why I wouldn't believe you. I think we should talk in person so that we can get everything sorted out" she says. 

"Get everything sorted out? Are you kidding me? This is none of your business. I don't see why you're getting yourself involved" I tell her. She is unbelievable! This is what she's done all my life, she's always made my business, her's and we're too old for it now. This is my problem not her's, she doesn't have to deal with this. I wish she would just leave me alone. 

"Well I'm making it my business" there it is, her famous catch phrase. "Now have you thought about an abortion?" she asks. That's it's! I can't be dealing with this. She knows how I feel about that and she still had to ask me didn't she. I hang up the phone, before slamming it on the table. I just don't want to speak to her right now. I'm making a stand! She can't control me anymore. She can't always be controlling me and making me do, what she calls "the right thing". I need to take a risk every now and again, and this is one of those times. 

The next day, I slowly roll out of bed. I wish I could just disappear. I don't want to face my parents, but then I have too. I have to tell them what a disappointment I am. I know they'll hate me for this and there's nothing I can do about it. I slowly get ready to see them, in a floaty pink dress. That's what dad would want. His little princess, as he often calls me. Right now, I wish he hadn't given me that nick name, because I just don't want to let them down. I've always been the good girl and now it's seems like all that has gone, I'm just the stupid girl that got pregnant and ruined her life. It's about 11 o'clock by the time I'm fully read and dinner at my house is usually about 12, so I better get a move on. My parents live in the rich end of the city, and it takes about an hour to get there. 

I pull up outside of their house. Should I do this or not? I don't know whether I can look at them, knowing what I've done. I have to be strong, I have to do this. I get out of the car and I turn to look at the house. It looks beautiful, as always. I take a deep breathe before beginning to walk towards the door. What am I doing? I can't do this! I can't tell them, not yet. I need more time. I know, I'll just tell them when I've told Elliot. But what if never see him again? Then I'll never tell my parents. Hang on, maybe I can just wait till I'm showing and then I can pretend like I didn't know anything about it. Then I can take a pregnancy test with them there and then they can't moan at me, because they'll have to feel sorry for me. I turn back to face the car. When I get there, I put my key in the car door. They probably won't even notice if I don't turn up. At that moment I hear the front door open and there I see my mother standing. 

"Leela, darling! Come on, come in" my mother says, in her very posh, British accent. I'm glad that never caught on to me. 

"Ok" I say, as I walk from behind the car and back towards the house. Looks like I have no choice but to tell them now. This should be fun.