Part Thirty

“You’re pregnant?” Elliot looks at me in shock.

“Erm, well, um” I stutter as I look from Elliot to Ella, Elliot, Ella, Elliot, Ella.

“Yes, she is” Ella butts in with a smug grin on her face.

“I think you should leave” Elliot says, turning back to Ella and giving her a bitter look.

“Don’t worry, I was just on my way” she says, as she makes her way out of the living room. “to go and see the press” she says as she slams the door behind her. I hate her so much. How could she do this to me, after everything we’ve been through? We’d always been so close and we would never let anything come between us. But now look. We hate each other and she’s now intentionally ruined my relationship with Elliot. I didn’t want to tell him yet, because I know he isn’t ready for the commitment. We’ve not even known each other that long and now he has this hanging over me. I wouldn’t be surprised if he hates me for this. It’s not exactly what a celebrity wants when they’re in the public eye is it?

“Is it true?” he asks, as he turns back to face me. I can know he’s trying to hide the panic, but I can still hear it in his voice and it’s not helping. I can’t even bring myself to answer his question and I know that’s not helping either.

“Well is it?” he asks again, obviously getting annoyed with my silence. I decide that it would be easier for me to just nod. At least then he will know the truth.

“Oh god” he mutters, as he slowly sits back down on the couch, with his head in his hands. I would try and comfort him, but I’m not sure it’s the right thing to do right now, so instead I just stand watching him. “Why didn’t you tell me?” he asks, looking back up at me.

“We were having such a good time and I didn’t want to spoil it” I tell him, but even I know that isn’t an excuse. The thing is, I would have told him, but in my own time and I’m sure the reaction would have been different. No one wants to find out from a stranger that they are going to be a dad.

“How long have you known?” he asks, still looking at me eagerly.

“A couple of weeks” I explain, as I sit down next to him, awkwardly.

“Is it mine?” he asks. What does he think I am? Some kind of slag that sleeps around? I know we only met on holiday and we didn’t spend much time together, but that doesn’t mean he won’t be the dad and if he wasn’t why would Ella rush in here to tell him about it?

“Of course it is. There hasn’t been anyone else” I tell him and he just looks into me eyes for a second, before putting his head back in his hands.

“There hasn’t been anyone else for you, has there?” I ask him. I know it’s none of my business, but I need to know. If there has then it proves that he obviously doesn’t feel the same way about me as I do him. I didn’t see anyone else because I just thought I would one day see him again and I did. But if he’s just been sleeping around with random girls the whole time it will show that he hasn’t been thinking about me and he doesn’t care. It will hurt me if he has, because that means whilst I’ve been sat here preying that I might see the father of my child again, he’s been off with other girls and I don’t want that. I know he’s not mine and it’s nothing to do with me, but it will still hurt me.

“No” he answers, as he looks up at me again. “Despite what you might think of me, I care about you Leela. When I had to leave you in Spain, it broke my heart. I would have asked you to come with me, but I just couldn’t. It was just a holiday romance and I knew that if I took you back with me things might not have worked out and I would have rather had the memories” he says.

“What so you didn’t want me to find you?” I ask him, feeling slightly hurt. Have I been intruding in his life? I should have never gone to his gig. He obviously didn’t want me there. I should have left it in the past and let him have his stupid memories.

“Well it was just a surprise to see you standing there. And I didn’t think I needed to see you again when I left, so that’s why I didn’t give you my number and I didn’t take you back with me. I thought that the feelings I had for you in Spain would go away as soon as I got to the UK and there would be no point in me taking you back just so that we could decide that it wasn’t working and split up. But then when I got back to the UK, all I could think about was you. I missed you so much and all I wanted to do was go back to Spain and find you. When I got on the plane to go home, I realised that I needed you and all I wanted to do was get back off and go and find you, but I couldn’t it was too late and I knew that by the time I got back to London it would be too late, because you were leaving the next day and I wouldn’t have enough time to get everything done and then head back. I tried to find you on FaceBook and twitter when I got home, but I couldn’t because I didn’t know your last name and I couldn’t look through everyone on twitter to figure out which one was you. I had just given up and then I came out of my gig and there you were, standing in the crowd. I was over the moon. I just couldn’t believe it and now look at us. I find out that you’re pregnant and I’m the father. It’s just crazy” he says, and then he puts his hands back in his hands.

“Yeah it is” I sigh. We should have just told each other the way we felt before it was too late. We had one last chance to say what needed to be said, but we didn’t and even if the other person didn’t feel the same way, it wouldn’t have mattered because we wouldn’t have seen each other again.

“So what do we do now?” he says, as he looks back at me once more.

“I don’t know” I answer, whilst taking his position of putting my head in my hands.

“Don’t worry. It’s going to be ok” he says, as I feel him put his arm around me.