Part Thirty-Five

“What?” Ella asks, raising an eye brow.

“Why have you been trying to black mail Leela? It’s got nothing to do with you who she’s seeing!” Stacy says, getting quite close to Ella.

“Because she needs to know that she can’t just have this perfect life and if she wants me to do something for her, she’s going to have to do something for me” she says, turning to walk away.

“No!” Stacy shouts, as she grabs hold of Ella’s arm and pulls her back. “I’m not finished with you!”

“Back off” Ella screams, as she punches Stacy right in the face and then runs off down the street. Stacy holds her face for a second, before looking back up and starting to chase Ella.

Ella runs to her house and quickly gets inside.

“You better open this door now, you little bitch!” Stacy shouts, whilst banging on the door.

“Just leave it, Stace. She’s not going to answer” I say, as I finally reach the house. I’m a lot slower than the others. I was never any good at PE.

“Fine” she sighs, before turning around and making her way towards the gate and where I’m stood. “Is my face bleeding?” she asks me.

“A little” I say, trying not to laugh her. I know I shouldn’t laugh when he’s upset and in pain, but she has blood smeared all over her face. I don’t even know how it got all over her eye, when her nose was bleeding.

“Come on, you can come to mine. I’ll get you cleaned up” I tell her and with that she smiles and we walk back to my house. It’s been an eventful day.

When we get back to my house, she sits down on the sofa, whilst I kneel in front of her, with a bowl of water and tissues. I take the first bit of tissue and soak it in the water, before dabbing it on the blood. Soon enough her face is clear of blood, but the water is now pink! I empty the bowl before heading back into the living room, to join Stacy.

“Thanks for sticking up for me. It means a lot” I tell her, with a small smile.

“That’s alright. What are friends for eh? And I’ll get her back” she smirks, as if she’s planning something. “Come on, let’s go shopping”

“Are you sure you’re up to it?” I ask her, not sure whether she’s being serious or not.

“Come on, there’s no point staying here and sulking. Let’s get this little one some new stuff” she says, whilst poking my stomach.

“Alright then” I agree. I suppose it’s about time I start shopping for this little one. I haven’t gotten them anything yet. I don’t even know what sex it is though, which makes it even harder.

When we get into town we head into next. We go straight over to the baby section. “I don’t even know whether it’s a boy or a girl yet though” I tell her, but she just smiles for a second.

“I think it’s going to be a boy” she tells me.

“Oh and you’d know would you, with the amount of kids you’ve had?” I laugh.

“Yeah, didn’t you know?” she asks, with a smirk. I roll my eyes, before going over to the unisex section. I don’t want to get them a bright pink dress if it’s going to be a boy, do I?

“How about this” I ask, as I hold up some little dungarees.

“Are you kidding me? Look at it. They’ll look like a farmer!” she says.

“No they won’t. It’s cute” I tell her, as I look at the dungarees.

“Well I’m not being seen in public with your farmer child” she says, before wondering off. I decide to buy it anyway. I got over to the counter and as I put my card into the machine. The woman gives me a weird look.

“I’m sorry, but your card has been declined” she says.

“What?” I ask in shock. How could my card be declined? I had over £10,000 in there. At that moment, Stacy appears next to me.

“I’ll get this, don’t worry” she says, as she puts her own card into the machine.

“Thanks” I smile.

“You can just pay me back in carrots” she laughs, as she picks up the bag with the dungarees in and then hands it to me. With that I go home, whilst Stacy goes to see my brother.

When I get there, I decide that this might be a good time to ring the bank.

“Hello Lloyds TSB offices” the man on the other end of the phone says, as I open the front door and I walk inside. I close the door behind me, with the phone still pushed against my ear.

“Yeah, erm, I was just wondering why my card would be declined” I say, not really thinking. I throw the bag onto the sofa, before sitting down next to it.

“Can I ask who is calling?” he says.

“Yeah, this is Leela Jones, the card holder is my mother, Veronica Jones” I tell him and I can hear him tapping on a key board. He must be searching for my name.

“Yeah, I’m sorry to inform you, but it seems that your mother cancelled your card 18 hours ago” he tells me and with that it all makes sense. How could she do that to me though? I’m her daughter and she knows I don’t have another card. What the hell am I going to do when I have no money and a baby on the way? I could get a job, but even then, I need a bank account and not to mention the fact that no one is going to want to hire someone who will be on maternity leave soon anyway.