The Cat Is...Still In The Bag

For _Miko_Niko_ (it wouldn't let me tag you, sorry)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being the son of the one and only Gabriel Agreste, meant that Adrien had a strict schedule to stick to. That schedule included getting up plenty early before school so that way he could shower, exercise, and style his hair. However, today was different. While Adrien normally needed an alarm to wake up on the right time, today he woke up about an hour earlier without the help of an alarm.

"Today's the day Plagg, I can feel it!" Adrien cheered as he started to style his hair. His kwami yawned.

"Adrien, why are you up so early?"

"You think I could sleep the night before today?" Adrien shook his head. "It's like Christmas Eve, but better because Christmases normally suck."

"I've said it before and I'll say it again, do you need me to cataclysm your father? Because I will."

"And like I've said before, no, that's murder."

"Ugh, fine. You never let me have any fun." Plagg pouted.

"Well soon, you'll be having plenty of fun with Tikki." Adrien smirked. He still hadn't told Plagg exactly why today was so important, or why he'd been staying up till the ungodly hours of the morning muttering to himself since the last akuma attack.

"Why would I be having fun with Tikki soon?" Plagg asked, his tone careful. Adrien smirked.

"Because today, Marinette is gonna connect the dots." Plagg flew over to him, his eyes narrowed.

"What do you mean Marinette is going to connect the dots?"

"I think you know exactly what I mean." Adrien met his eyes. Plagg sighed.

"How'd you figure it out kid?" Plagg asked.

"Well, I was heading towards the bakery after the last akuma attack to make sure Marinette was okay, seeing how she got caught up in the attack and whatnot, and I saw Ladybug detransform before I could call out to her." He explained.

"Is that why you've been up so late?" Plagg asked. Adrien nodded.

"Yep! I need this to be perfect Plagg! You only get one chance to confess to the love of your life/ superhero partner that you're their counterpart and that you love them." Adrien grinned.

"Well, at least we can finally put to rest that love square." Plagg sighed.

"What love square? I mean yeah I used to be in love with Ladybug, but then in New York I started to realize that I had feelings for Marinette-."

"Who is Ladybug." Plagg interrupted.

"Who is Ladybug. So, technically I've been in love with her this whole time, but that's besides the point." Adrien took in a breath, realizing he had gotten way off track. "The point is that although I may love her, she doesn't love me."

After realizing that Marinette was none other than Ladybug, Adrien had done an analysis of their relationship, both in and out of mask. He quickly realized that what had happened with Papa Garou was probably her panicking and that was the first thing she thought of. Which was endearing, sure, but it also hurt that Marinette hadn't fallen for him over the course of time.

Oh well, at least he could be a prominent figure in her life as her best friend and partner. It would be great! All he needed to do now was to put his plan into motion and they would be golden.