Chapter Forty Five.

Four months later. 

"Veronica! Luke! It's time for lunch!" I call from outside their room. Yes, you heard me right, their room. Just about three months ago, at another one of Veronica's legendary parties, and they became fast friends to say the least. They've had a mutual attraction for a while now, but I guess until that night they didn't do anything about it. They were laughing, then getting touchy, then moved on to making out, and before I knew it they were heading to the basement. 

They've been together ever since. 

Ashton and Bethany have been going strong, and by strong, I mean he proposed to her last week. I think they're both pretty excited, and pretty horny all of a sudden. The only reason I am blessed with that information is because their room happens to be right behind mine and Harry's. Note that the walls are paper thin. Let's just say the four of us have not been sleeping much lately, but I'm too happy for them to say anything. 

Then there's Calum and Katie. Probably the most adorable couple I've ever seen. Calum finally asked her out two months ago, in the cutest way I've ever seen. He spelled out "Will you be my girlfriend?" in white chocolate kit kats, because he remembered that she doesn't like chocolate. Calum is probably the most gentleman-like boy I've ever met, and he showers Katie with all of the love and affection she deserves. Awe. 

Last but certainly not least, Claire and Michael. They are probably the weirdest yet funniest couple of the bunch, but I love them. Their mutual obsession with pizza and soda every night for dinner and their constant sex jokes are hysterical. They've become best friends and Mikey decided to make it official about a month ago. He gave her a pizza pie and spelled out "Will you go out with me?" with the pepperoni. 

They've all moved in at this point and we're all one big happy family. Most recently we've been studying for finals and all that great shit. I haven't even decided on a college yet. I've been accepted into my dream school, Boston, and Harry was accepted as well. But his dream school happens to be Stanford, and if you didn't know, it's on the other side of the country. 

Can I even go to college?

I've been thinking about that a lot lately, actually. The last time I talked to Harry about it, the conversation ended in a huge fight.

"Alright, alright! We're coming!" Luke laughs from the other side of the door. I snap out of my daze and giggle quietly. I hear someone walk past me before Luke opens the door. "Kristen." Jack acknowledges me. "Jack." I respond as he limps to the Dining Hall. 

We've actually been getting along lately. After we got over the whole "shooting" fiasco. Which wasn't easy to forgive, but Harry basically made me forgive him, which was more surprising than finding out about Jack's suicide attempt. I am scared of how I would have felt if he hit his heart, like he intended. 

Jack is leaving to go back to his 'gang' tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure they won't be a threat to us anymore. After what feels like forever, Veronica finally opens the door and Luke right behind her. "Your hair is still pretty messy. I think you should brush it once more before we go in there." I laugh and advise her. 

"Ah, shit. I knew I was forgetting something." She says and I laugh. "Hey, Kris. How are you today?" Luke asks me. "I'm your best friend, not the Queen of England, Luke." I laugh. "But I'm pretty good today. And from what I heard, you guys are too." I laugh once more. "Yeah. I guess you can say that." He giggles and looks at the floor. 

"I'm just really happy that you're happy." I tell him. He smiles and pulls me in for a hug. "Alright. Is my hair okay now?" Veronica asks us as she walks out of the room with a messy bun. "Perfect. Now let's go, I'm starving." I say and we walk towards the Dining Hall.