Chapter Five.

One week later. 

I'm finally going home today, and I feel broken. Both physically and emotionally. Here are some statistics to further my point.

Six broken rib bones.

One broken nose.

Two broken fingers,

and one broken heart. 

Luke takes me to my house, and it feels incredibly good to be out of that damn hospital room. Luke lays me on my couch and puts on Netflix for me. "Do you want anything to eat? Can I get you something?" Luke asks. "Actually I have a craving for some nutella pizza. Can you order it? I think the pizzaria by school has them." I respond. "Sure. Be right back." He says. He pecks me on the cheek and leaves to go get the pizza. 

Once he comes back and we've each had two slices, we take a breather. "Are you ready for tomorrow? I know this must be really hard for you." Luke says. "I mean I'm certainly not excited about going back to school and seeing Julia, or Harry or anyone else for that matter. But I have to do it and I suppose tomorrow is as good a time as any right?" I let out. "When did you get so wise on me?" Luke asks with a laugh. "I guess over the year I was in that goddamn hospital room." I say. He laughs once more. 

Monday morning. 

I limp into school, literally, and Luke decides I'm walking too slow, so he just picks me up and carries me to my locker. Once I get to my locker I am extremely surprised at what I see. I see 10 or 20 cards plastered on my locker saying "Get well soon!" or "Julia's a bitch." I smile at the sight. Luke does the same. I see one rather large card in the middle. This one is different. It reads: "To Kristen." on the front. I pull it off and open it. The inside reads:

Kristen, 

I'm not going to tell you who is writing this right now, becau- well I have my reasons. I really like you. I've never felt the way I do right now, I with you, and I'm just too big a coward to tell you and treat you the way I should. I have a lot more to say to you, and I'm hoping your curitosity will lead you to doing what I'm about to ask of you. Meet me back at school on the turf football field at 9:00 pm sharp. I will tell you everything, including my identity. I do hope I see you there.

-Your secret admirer xx

I am at a loss for words. As is Luke who is reading over my shoulder. "What am I going to do?" I ask him. A look of jealousy and anger flickers through his eyes and then he recovers. "Don't go. It could be some psycho murderer or something." Luke says. "I'll think about it. I'm going to go find Bethany. She needs to see this." I tell him. "Okay, see you later Kris." He says, hugs me goodbye and walks away. Lucky for me, I turn and take a few steps and bump into Bethany. "Oh my gosh, Kristen, how are you! I've missed you."  She exclaims. "I'm doing okay, and I've missed you too." I smile. "But listen, I have something to show you." I hand her the card and as she reads it she makes a series of very funny faces, and then pretends to fall to the floor. 

I laugh at her and then help her up. "I want to go. Will you come with me?" I ask her. "OF COURSE I WILL!" She squeals. "Okay, okay, I will pick you up at 8:45. Sound good?" I ask. "Yes! I can't wait." I thank her and wobble to my first period class. 

"LIKE A BLACK WIDOW BABY!" Bethany and I belt out in the car as Luke's mom laughs at us. "Okay, I will come pick you up back here at 9:30. You girls have fun!" Luke's mom says. "Thank you Mrs. Hemmings!" Bethany and I say in unison. 

We walk over to the field goal and sit. I speak up after a couple minutes and say, "It's 9:05. He's not coming. This was stupid." I say and try my best to get up. After I do, I start to lose my balance and fall, into someone. He catches me and looks into my eyes. "I can't believe you came." He says. My heart breaks. 

It's Harry.

"What the hell is this? Get away from me!" I yell at him. "Wait, Kristen please, you have to let me explain!" He yells back. He grabs my arm lightly. "Please listen to me. Give me a chance to talk." He pleads. "And why the hell should I do that? You've screwed me over so many times I've lost count and everytime I open up to you, everytime I give you another chance, it just comes back to bite me in the ass? Why? Why is this time any different?" I scream. I see Bethany do a fist pump in the air and mouths "You go girl!" to me. I smirk ever so slightly. 

"I can't make excuses for what I've done. All I can do is try to make it up to you." He says. "You've done enough Harry. Why can't you leave me alone! I mean I don't know why you would want me anyway. I am certainly not as pretty as your girlfriend, and speaking of, where is she? Why aren't you with her? Harry I'm not going to be some homewrecker. So it would probably be best if you just-" I am cut off, but not by his words, but his lips.

He brings his hands up to cup my face, and then he lightly tilts my head back so he can deepen the kiss. My fingers find their way into his curly hair and I tug softly.  He takes one hand off of my cheek and wraps it around my waist. In this one moment of weakness and sheer sutpidity, I am lost in him. His colonge is intoxicating and the way our lips mold together perfectly makes me feel like I can fly. 

His tounge grazes my bottom lip, begging for entrance, and when I don't give it to him, he lightly bites my lip. He tries again and I smile against his lips. He lets out a deep laugh and it radiates through his whole body. He presses a soft kiss to my lips once more before breaking away, breathless. I smile up at him. "Wow. That was..." He trails off. "Yeah, it was." I say. I get lost in his emerald green eyes, and I suddenly see Bethany standing next to us with her jaw on the floor. I suddenly realize what just happened and my eyes immediately widen.

Bethany's knees give out and she falls to the floor. I almost do the same, but Harry catches me. "Hey, what's wrong, are you okay?" He asks concerned. "No Harry, I'm not. That was the best kiss I've ever had in my life and I can't decide how I feel about you and that wasn't helping! I can't do this. I'm sorry." I say, tears brimming my eyes. I go and help Bethany up and start to run back to the locker room where I know I'll be safe. Harry tugs on my elbow. 

"I won't let you run away again. I don't want to lose you. I'm so sorry. I'll do anything for you to see that!. Just please. Don't leave." He begs. 

"I'm sorry Harry. I can't do this with you right now. You really hurt me. You also have a girlfriend. I'm not emotionally or physically strong enough to deal with this. I have to go. Goodbye Harry." I say and tears brim in his eyes. I grab Bethany's hand and run into the school. 

Once we get into the locker room she stops me. "What. The. Hell. Just. Happened." She breathes. 

As I try to process it myself, I say, "I think I just made out with Harry Styles." 

______________________________________________________________________________

I SHIP IT. DO YOU SHIP IT? 

Dead. 

xxxxxx