Chapter Forty Two.

"Hello, love. Long time no see." Liam says and takes a step towards me. "D-don't come any closer. I'll scream. Harry is supposed to be back here any second." I warn him. "Now, now, no need for any of that. I've just come to talk sweetness." He smirks. "Well then get on with it." I spit at him. "Well, it's pretty quick. You see, The Boss has heard about your little boyfriend Jack's arrival. It just so happens that he is on our turf and runs a gang of his own." He says. "Is there a point that you're hopefully going to get to soon?" I ask, annoyed. 

"Don't you have that piss-poor attitude with me you slut." He snarls as he walks over to me. I suck in my breath and look him in the eyes. If he were a cartoon character, I would be able to see the smoke coming out of his ears. His sudden mood swing befuddles me. He then punches me sqaure in the eye, and I fall to the ground, yelping in pain. 

"Listen closely you little bitch. I've just come to confirm what you probably already know. Our own little World War Three is coming, and honey, you're the grand prize." He whispers in my ear and jumps out of the window. After thirty seconds Harry walks in with Zayn and Louis. "Hey, babe! What are you doing on the floor?" He asks and looks at me with a confused expression. He walks closer to me and kneels next to me. 

"What's wrong with your eye?" He asks and pries my hand off of it so he can get a better look at it. "Holy fucking shit, I know a black eye when I see one, who the fuck did this to you?" He asks frantically. "I-it was Liam. He just left, out the window." I inform Harry. "Jesus, I'm going to kill him. He can't just keep doing this to you and get away with it." He says angrily. "Haz, don't. He's not worth it. This is what he wants. He just wants to cause more trouble." I say, attempting to calm him down. 

"No! I don't want to just let it go! I can't let people think it's okay to hurt you!" He says getting more angry by the second. "Harry, please, for me, let this go for right now. You'll get your 'revenge' soon enough when all of this shit is over with, okay?" I ask hopefully. 

He still looks angry, so I figure he needs alittle convincing. I start to kiss his neck, then start down his jawline, until I make my way to his lips. I leave a long, sweet kiss there and he breaks away laughing. "Okay, okay. I surrender. You win. I'll let it slide, for now." He says, still smiling like an idiot. "Alright, I promised Luke that we would go meet him for dinner. Are you in?" I ask him. 

"Yeah, sure babe. Let's go." He agrees and leads me down the hallway. 

Next morning. 

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree? They strung up a man, they say who murdered three. Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be, if we met at midnight, in the hanging tree." My alarm clock booms. "Jesus, why all of the depressing songs this week?" Harry groans from next to me. "Oh come on, it's from Mockingjay? Jenifer Lawrence sang it? We only saw the movie last week, Harry." I laugh groggily. 

"Oh, yes. That one's kind of hard to forget. Except for 6:30 a.m. I don't even remember what I ate for dinner last night." He laughs with me. "At least it's Friday. And Monday you'll be swtiching your schedule so it matches mine, and we won't have to deal with Jack anymore. All we need to get through is one more day." I reassure him. 

"Alright, then let's go get it over with." He smiles. 

We both get dressed and make our way to the car in about fifteen minutes. Impressive, I know. The car ride to school is pretty quiet, seeing that we both have our earbuds in. I can hear Ariana Grande's voice through his, though. I decide to listen to Calum's new top secret recording of the band, and I choose "Unpredictable" as my favorite song. 

We finally arrive at school, and Harry and I walk to our lockers, which are conveniently right next to each other. Our school grouped them alphabetically, so Smith comes first, and Styles right after. "Alright, have fun in French, babe. And try not to be too much of a bad-ass so you can avoid going to the principal's office again. Although that might be hard for you." He winks at me. "See you later, loser." I laugh and walk away.