Chapter 24

Chaeyoung doesn't stop laughing because even though Jeongyeon annoys her to a great extent, she is undeniably funny when she wants to be.

"So when the teacher asked me what kind of animal stays up at night, I said vampires."

"Shut up." She holds her side because she is hurting from laughing so much.

"Not my fault my dad is a fan of horror films. I was only 6 anyway." Jeongyeon leans back on her seat and grins when Chaeyoung smiles back at her.

Chaeyoung thinks a six year old Jeongyeon would have been adorable.

"So anyway, why are you not sitting next to Mina?" She breaks their glance and shifts her eye towards where Mina is sitting. The spot next to her assigned for Nayeon is empty.

"Decided to give her some space." Chaeyoung casts a glance at the girl. "I can't fix anything if I keep suffocating her."

Jeongyeon hums. Giving Mina the power to set the pace is something the quiet girl would definitely appreciate.

"Where's Nayeon?" Chaeyoung looks towards their seat again.

Jeongyeon smirks. "I thought you don't care about her."

Chaeyoung huffs. "I don't."

Jeongyeon's smirk turns into a full blown grin.

Nayeon knows she can't spend the entire nine hours of the flight in the toilet but she doesn't want to make Mina uncomfortable either.

She can't ask Chaeyoung to switch places because the girl is mad at her and would probably push her out of the flight before doing something she asked of her.

There is a knock at the door.

"Nayeonnie come out. You've been there for thirty minutes now. I need to use the loo." Momo says loudly enough for all the girls to hear.

Nayeon slaps her face with a palm. Momo has just announced to all the girls that she's either been hiding in the toilet or that she has a really bad stomach problem. And both are embarrassing as hell.

She takes a deep breath and gathers every ounce of courage she has as she opens the door and walks down the aisle.

She thinks about asking Sana to switch places with her but then she's going to know things are still tense between Chaeyoung, Mina and her and that's not something she wants.

She sees Mina stiffen a little at the arriving footsteps. She pauses mid aisle not knowing what to do.

Mina leaves her seat and whispers something to Jeongyeon who reluctantly gets off her seat and lets Mina take her place.

Nayeon goes to her assigned seat and throws an apologetic glance at Jeongyeon who drops to the seat which was previously occupied by Mina. She is truly sorry how Jeongyeon once again becomes a tennis ball between the three of them.

"You should hate me too." She tells Jeongyeon, her tone honest and open.

"Can't and won't." Jeongyeon says with an air of finality.

The rest of the flight goes pretty smoothly. Nayeon sometimes catches through the corner of her eyes Chaeyoung and Mina making small conversation here and there.

"They're going to be okay." Jeongyeon mutters under her breath as if she read her mind. "Don't worry about them."

Nayeon looks at her with a little surprise etched on her face. "How did you know?"

Jeongyeon turns on the video player in front of her. "We always notice things about people we love and you know I love you."

Nayeon nods because there's no denying the truth in her words.

"You're supposed to say you love me too, not stare off into space with so much angst." Jeongyeon chuckles.

Nayeon smiles warmly. "I love you and your fruity ass."

"Your I love yous are so cheesy it's going to make me gag." Chaeyoung yells from across the aisle.

Nayeon reddens a little.

Jeongyeon blows Chaeyoung a middle finger kiss.

Nayeon snuggles next to Jeongyeon. Naeyon's always strong for everyone but when she needs someone to draw strength from, it's always the taller girl she goes to. "Don't think I haven't noticed how upset you've been looking lately as well."

"Seeing you upset makes me upset." Jeongyeon mutters.

Nayeon knows there is more to it than what she says but she doesn't push her. It is not like this is right place for them to have this conversation anyway.

"You're a smooth talker." She lets go off the topic, shuffling the hair on the Jeongyeon's head.

"You may now kiss."

This time it's Sana who's yelling that from behind them and Nayeon resists the urge to roll her eyes.

She sees Chaeyoung sigh as Mina leans on her.

She sighs in relief as well because she finally believes that Chaeyoung and Mina are going to be okay.