Chapter 12

Chaeyoung thinks her heart is going to explode because she's actually alone with Mina and she's about to ask her to be her girlfriend.

Mina stares out at the ocean unaware of the inner turmoil Chaeyoung is going through.

"Mina, you know I wanted to tell you something last night." Chaeyoung begins in a low voice.

Mina turns to her side and looks at the younger girl. She looks nervous, fidgeting with the hoodie she has on.

"Yeah?"

Chaeyoung lets out a soft breath and reaches of Mina's hand. "We'll always be friends right?"

Mina thinks it's an absurd question. She adores Chaeyoung, nothing she could do or say is going to change the way she feels about her so she tells her exactly that.

It gives Chaeyoung the confidence to get out what's rattling in her chest. "Mina, I think I like.."

The door to the patio opens and draws their attention.

Chaeyoung stares at Jihyo who looks like a baby deer caught in headlights.

"I thought you guys were downstairs."

"Tzuyu and Momo are having their impromptu date there, so we shifted. " Chaeyoung is sure the whole universe is conspiring against her asking Mina out.

Nayeon gives her a sympathetic glance from behind Jihyo.

Mina is glad for the interference because she's not sure she'd be able to handle how hard her heart is beating. She opens the door fully and lets Jihyo, Dahyun, Sana, Nayeon and Jeongyeon enter the patio.

"Unnie, I don't think I can do this." Chaeyoung whines to a quiet Nayeon.

"If you really like her as you say, you should be able to do it." Nayeon takes a sip of her beer.

"You look hot when you do that." Jeongyeon appears from behind them and smirks at Nayeon.

"When I drink my beer?" Nayeon scoffs.

"When you're in your tracksuit and hat, and drinking beer. It's totally top energy." Jeongyeon winks making her turn a dark shade of pink.

"I thought you're the top type." Nayeon chuckles.

"I can do both."

Chaeyoung wants to slap the two of them. She's about to die of a heartbreak and they're flirting with each other.

She sidesteps them and watches Mina who's absorbed in a conversation with Sana, Jihyo and Dahyun. As if sensing someone's eyes on her, Mina turns to look directly in their direction.

They look at each other for a while.

"You should just ask her out. She's already into you." Nayeon's voice close to her ears make Chaeyoung jump a little.

"How do you know?"

Nayeon shrugs as she takes another long swig of her beer. Mina is still staring in their direction. "I just know Chaeyoungah. She hasn't stopped looking this way."

Chaeyoung turns to look at Mina again who quickly looks away.

So Chaeyoung gathers all the courage she has and corners Mina at the end of the night.

Mina's throat feels dry as Chaeyoung takes her hand and brings it to her chest. "Mina, I really really like you."

Mina nods silently, as if asking her to continue.

"I think I might.."

"What the fuck..." They both hear Jeongyeon curse and look at where she's staring.

Tzuyu and Momo are kissing each other under the lights in their car park.

"Did anyone see that coming?" Jihyo chuckles.

"What on earth?" Chaeyoung is gobsmacked. She's too surprised that she even forgets that her moment got ruined.

"I swear our group is gay as fuck." Sana shakes her head throwing a teasing smile at Jeongyeon.

"I feel lonely just looking at them." Dahyun whines.

"I'm going to hit the bed." Nayeon finishes her beer not the least bit interested in any of the drama unfolding around her.

"Nayeon-chan, I think they're drunk. Get them upstairs, please?" A soft touch on Nayeon's arm stops her.

Nayeon looks at Mina and sighs. Of course it's going to be Mina who cares.

When she separates Tzuyu and Momo telling them they can make out when they're sober , they're howling and calling her anti Cupid and tells her she's going to be forever alone with this attitude.

Nayeon laughs dryly. She already knows she's going to be alone forever.

"So you both kissed each other last night.."

Chaeyoung tells Tzuyu and Momo the next day when they're having breakfast and enjoys seeing them both cough and choke on their food.

Mina bites back a smile because she knows Chaeyoung did that on purpose.

"You're so evil. "

"You love me like that." Chaeyoung smirks and grins and Mina goes quiet.