Chapter 14

"Here you are Milady." Jeongyeon thrusts a plush teddy bear that she has won at the carnival and thrusts it into Nayeon's hand.

Nayeon tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ears. She's touched that someone thought of her enough to get her something.

She leans up a little and lays a kiss on Jeongyeon's waiting cheeks. "Thank you."

"Unnie stop making out with Jeongyeon and come help me." She hears Chaeyoung whine from the next stall. Even though Mina has reassured her many times that it's okay if she doesn't win the penguin toy, Chaeyoung is determined to get the toy because her sharp eyes didn't miss the way Mina's lip curved into a tiny smile when she saw the stuffed animal. Her first real smile of the day.

Nayeon wraps the teddy bear around her neck and walks hand in hand with Jeongyeon to see what has Chaeyoung complaining so much.

"Aim right at the target." She explains to Chaeyoung who misses it by a huge margin again.

"You suck at this Chaeyoungah." Nayeon laughs.

Chaeyoung wants to be mad at her but it's hard to get angry at someone who's wearing a preppy collared looney tunes jumper, ripped blue boyfriend jeans, white converse and has a teddy bear strapped to their neck.

"I'd like to see you try."

Chaeyoung shoves the rifle into Nayeon's hand who takes it with a smug grin.

"She's so full of herself." Jeongyeon laughs and whispers to Mina who's watching the interaction with curious eyes. She feels conflicted. If Nayeon hits the target, she'll get the penguin but Chaeyoung is going to be upset. She really wants the stuffed toy but not at the expense of someone's feelings getting hurt.

"Watch and learn from the expert kid." Nayeon pushes Chaeyoung to the side forcefully who yelps and frowns at her.

Two seconds later an old man is screaming for his dear life and Chaeyoung is holding her stomach in fits of laughter because Nayeon has hit the target.

Just not the one meant for her.

Her bullet hits the target which is next to hers. The old man startled by the unexpected bullet thinks someone shot him, drops his rifle and runs hollering for help.

Jeongyeon is on the floor gasping for air because she's not sure she can laugh anymore.

Nayeon stares at the rifle like she can't believe what just happened and her lips turn into an adorable pout.

"It's okay Nayeon-chan." Mina steps closer to her with a soft teasing smile and pats her arm gently. "At least you didn't miss the target. "

And that sends Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon doubling over in laughter again.

"Do you think she's going to talk to us anytime soon?" Chaeyoung asks as they step into the queue for Ferris wheel. Mina has a baby penguin toy in her arms which Chaeyoung won after another ten minutes of trying.

Mina looks at where Nayeon, Sana and Tzuyu are eating candy floss. Jeangyeon is staring at Nayeon with puppy dog eyes.

"No, I don't think so." Mina laughs because it's actually funny how Nayeon has blanked the three of them ever since the great shooting accident.

The Ferris wheels slowly goes to top and Chaeyoung takes a deep breath because although the height is terrifying, what's truly terrifying is the thought of Mina saying no.

She turns to her side to look at Mina. The lights of the night sky illuminates her profile in an enchanting way and it makes her even more nervous.

"Thank you for the stuffed toy Chaeyoungah. " Mina's tone is warm as she looks around at Hawaii in all its glory at night. Her hands are on the baby penguin, caressing it lightly.

Chaeyoung places a hand on top of Mina's and gives her a meaningful look. "I know you're upset because you couldn't find that vinyl. I just wanted to make your day better."

It's a thoughtful gesture, and lately Chaeyoung has been showing more love and affection her way. Mina isn't sure if she's worthy of it.

"You're too kind on me. "

Chaeyoung takes the stuffed toy and puts it in between them. She takes both of Mina's hand in hers and Mina doesn't know what to do with the intense eyes boring into hers.

"Its because I like you Mina. I really really like you."

Tzuyu, Jeongyeon and Sana look up at the scene with bated breath. Nayeons eats the floss unbothered.

"I like you too Chaeyoung." Mina shivers a little.

Chaeyoung shakes her head. "I like you more than as a friend Mina. I don't know when or how these feelings started but I do know they're here."

She brings their hand to her chest.

Mina looks at Chaeyoung, her gaze searching into hers.

"Don't say anything now." Chaeyoung whispers. "Go on a date with me. You can decide what you want after that."

Mina lets out a soft breath because she already knows what she's going to say at the end of the date.

"Okay."

"Okay?" Chaeyoung's face breaks into a slow smile.

The girls below can't hear what they're saying but their joined hands and Chaeyoung's stupid grin tells them she's finally asked her out and got a yes.

"I'm so proud of her." Sana wipes away an imaginary tear.

"Good for them." Jeongyeon shrugs.

"They'd be cute together." Jihyo cooes.

"Another candy floss please." Nayeon asks the stall owner, still blanking everyone.