Chapter 28

Chaeyoung's eyes twinkles as she glances up at Jeongyeon in a cowboy suit who's currently hiding her face behind her hands. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear you call me beautiful."

They're still waiting for their shot to be called. Jihyo and Sana have just finished theirs.

Joengyeon shakes her head and groans. "Remind me never to compliment your egoistic arse again."

Chaeyoung tries to pry her hands away to get a glimpse of the blush she's sure coating the taller girl's face only to have her shoo her away. Over her shoulder, she sees Nayeon approaching Jeongyeon but stopping when she sees Chaeyoung with her.

"Unnie." Chaeyoung calls out and Nayeon looks behind her to see if she is addressing someone else. The action is so endearing that even the last bit of anger Chaeyoung is holding onto melts away.

Dahyun shakes her head at the duo near the field. She's sure their stylist is going to have a go at them when she finds Nayeon's hair covered in sand because Nayeon is laying on her back on the ground and Chaeyoung is on top of her holding her in a tight hug.

"Why are they acting like they haven't seen each other in years?" Tzuyu asks in astonishment.

Sana lifts a lazy shoulder. "Because they're the crackhead duo of Twice."

Tzuyu says oh and doesn't question that further like it's explanation enough. "Anyway do you know who your dance partner for today's episode is?"

Momo lets out a frustrated huff. "They won't tell me. They want us to be actually be surprised and not act surprised when we get to know who our partner is."

Dahyun sighs, she doesn't want to end up in a trio because coordination on the spot won't be easy and she doesn't want to paired up with Jeongyeon because she tends to step on her toes. She wants Mina to be on her team. The girl is a quick learner and easily grasps dance routines.

With that line of thought, her eyes subconsciously drift to Mina who is shivering while trying to pull the thin cardigan around her. While everyone got to wear coats, sweaters or other warm clothes, the styling team decided to put her in a cream coloured thin strapped dress that comes up to just her thighs. If it isn't for the cardigan she has picked up from the car, Dahyun thinks the poor girl would be freezing to death by now.

"Chaeyoung is stupid." Sana points at where Mina and Jihyo are checking the monitor. "Her girl is cold and she isn't even offering her coat."

Tzuyu shifts her glance between Mina and Chaeyoung. "To be fair, Chaeyoung has a short blazer on. She'd freeze if it isn't for that."

"I thought true love meant putting the other person before you." Momo deflates because she had really believed in every single romance novel she had ever read.

Unbeknownst to them Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung are having the same conversation now.

"Poor Mina, why would they put her in a dress when its minus degree?" Jeongyeon casts a glance at the younger girl who's rubbing her arms to create some heat.

"I'd give her mine but I only have a shirt underneath." Chaeyoung frowns.

Nayeon shrugs off her long woollen coat. "Give her this, but pretend its yours."

Chaeyoung's brow creases with concern. "Are you not going to be cold?"

Nayeon's eyes land on the sun that's rising in the horizon of the lily fields, the pink of the flowers and the yellow of the morning rays creating a beautiful contrast making everything around her look heavenly.

"The shirt is thermal. It's quite warm."

Chaeyoung doesn't question her after that because she has an important mission in hand, to save the damsel in distress. She puts on the coat that looks slightly oversized on her and struts towards where the girl is.

She pretends to check the monitor with Jihyo and Mina casually and then offers her the coat after a while. Mina accepts it gratefully with a thanks. The Japanese girl sighs as the woollen coat hugs her body and gives her a warmth like that of an old friend.

She pulls the collar together around her neck and a fresh earthly scent gently assaults her senses. The coat smells like ocean, citrus, sun and sea breeze and she has lived in the dorm long enough to know the scent belongs to Nayeon. She pretends she doesn't know the coat is Nayeon's.

She's still not over what the older girl had done, but she doesn't have the heart to refuse Cheyoung's sweet gesture either. Besides the coat is really comforting and she's reluctant to part with it.

"Dahyun, Tzuyu and Momo. Come up here." The director yells.

Dahyun groans, she should just stop wishing for things because she always gets the opposite of what she asks for anyway.