Chapter 1

Disclaimer: Purely a work of fiction

When she was younger Nayeon thought that fairytales were real, everyone got their happy ending and lived happily ever after. As she grew up she learnt that fairytales existed only in books.

She's a happy person generally, she doesn't like to be spend much time brooding but the weather is terrible and the thoughts in her head are running wild keeping her from sleeping. She sighs as she watches the rain hit the window of her room. It was raining the first time she met her.

Nayeon shakes her head, going down that line of thought is only going to hurt her.

There is a knock at her door. Chaeyoung, the ever cheerful and energetic bandmate grins when she opens the door.

"You must help me Unnie." It isn't a question. It is a demand.

Nayeon's eyebrows twists in a frown. She is close to Chaeyoung but everyone knows who she's closer to. So it surprises her that she has come to her for help instead of her best friend who she clings to all the time.

As if sensing her confusion Chaeyoung plops down on her bed and replies, "I can't ask Mina because this is about her."

This piques her curiosity. The girls share everything, there are no secrets between them so why does Chaeyoung want to change it?

"What's it?" She tentatively begins. She doesn't want to be sucked into their drama.

"Unnie, I think I like Mina. As more than a friend." Chaeyoung sighs.

Nayeon chuckles. She has known this for a long time. They basically act like married couple, clinging on to each other, spending all their time together, she's just surprised they aren't dating already.

"And?" Nayeon isn't sure where Chaeyoung is going with this. The rain is falling harder now. They have a recording in the morning and she just wants to go to sleep.

"You have to help me win her over. You are the oldest one, you've already dated, so you have experience in love. "

The older girl doesn't know if she should laugh or cry. Love? What does she know about love? She only tried dating to get over that one person who's haunting her every waking moment, every dream, every second of her existence but she's failed miserably in both dating and getting over.

"I'm not sure I can help you there Chaeyoungah. Get out now, we both need to sleep." She chides softly.

Chaeyoung reluctantly gets off the bed, but she knows how to convince Nayeon to help her.

They're shooting for their new music video and Chaeyoung's eyes searches for Nayeon. She has disappeared as soon as the director announced break.

"Who are you looking for when I'm right here?" Mina jokes as she hugs her from the back. Chaeyoung melts into the hug and her mission to find Nayeon gets sidetracked for a while.

She finds her walking in with Jeongyeon, both sipping on bubble tea, arms looped around each other and laughing about something.

She tells Mina she will be back in a second and walks with a purpose towards Nayeon. Nayeon sees her approaching and doesn't look too happy to see her.

"No." She stops Chaeyoung even before she opens her mouth earning a pout from the younger girl.

Nayeon hates being so soft. And when her bandmates pout they look like babies and her heart is too soft to deny them anything when they're like that. "Two minutes. That's all you get. "

Chaeyoung nods eagerly. Jeongyeon looks between the pair scratching her head, not knowing what this is about. Nayeon removes her arm from around Jeongyeon and drags Chaeyoung to a corner.

"Unnie, if you help me get Mina, I'll help you propose to Jeongyeon."

Nayeon's eyes grow comically. She opens her mouth to say something but Chaeyoung cuts her off.

"Everyone knows you have a thing for Jeongyeon and you're too scared to make a move."

"Who has a thing for Jeongyeon?" Sana's voice behind them scares them both. She's standing with Mina.

Chaeyoung's face turn pale and if it isn't for the awkward situation Nayeon would have laughed at her expression.

"How much of our conversation did you hear?" She gulps thickly.

"We just heard you saying someone has a thing for Jeongyeon!" Sana shrugs, looking at the pair with suspicion.

Mina is as calm and quiet as ever besides Sana, so Chaeyoung breathes in relief. "I was just telling Nayeon Unnie that everyone knows she has a thing for Jeongyeon."

Nayeon flushes slightly and goes to stop Chaeyoung again.

"Oh, but that's old news, I thought someone else has a crush on Jeongyeon too." Sana waves her off.

Chaeyoung lifts an eyebrow at Nayeon as if to say see I told you.

After they walk away, Nayeon grabs Chaeyoung by her tie and hisses, "If you promise not to embarrass me like that in front of others, I'll help you with your stupid plan."

Chaeyoung grins and crosses her heart.