Chapter 47

Chaeyoung has had enough. She tries to talk to her, she leaves. She tries to corner her, she somehow slips away to be with the other girls. She can't seem to catch a break.

Having no other choice, she puts the latch on the door and turn to face a Jeongyeon who looks ready to bolt.

"I only want two minutes." Chaeyoung states with determination.

Jeongyeon sighs heavily. She doesn't want to be caught in the room alone with Chaeyoung. They can't explain away why they've locked the door. And the girls would be back from their trip to the supermarket soon.

"What's it Chaeyoung?" She drops the words in a frustrated grumble as she continues to avoid the younger girl's eyes.

Chaeyoung walks to her and lifts her face to meet her eyes. Jeongyeon meets the intense gaze and the words she's about to utter dies a quiet death in her throat.

"I'm not drunk." The younger girl's voice is low and hoarse as she strokes with her thumb Jeongyeon's lower lips. "And I'm going to kiss you."

She doesn't wait for a response. She puts both her hands on each side of the older girl's face and pulls her, their lips meeting in a slow and passionate kiss. Like she wants to convey what she feels with the kiss instead of words.

When they pull back and rest their forehead against each other, Chaeyoung's breathing deep and fast, Jeongyeon's smile slow and hesitant, Chaeyoung is pretty sure that this is love.

"You weren't just a meaningless fuck." She breathes into the older girl's lips who nods because she can't seem to find her voice. "You're so much more Jeongyeon."

Jeongyeon's heart flutters in her chest at the words spoken in quiet tones.

"You mean so much more to me." Chaeyoung finishes, her eyes looking searchingly into the older girl as if to see if the emotions she feels are reflected back in them.

Jeongyeon is staring at her, her eyes soft and warm, a half smile on her face as she cups Chaeyoung's cheek who leans into the touch.

"You mean so much more to me too."

Chaeyoung bites her lower lip and breaks into a dimpled smile. Jeongyeon's breath hitches in her throat at the simple action and she pulls her in for a hot and demanding kiss this time.

An hour later, they're both rushing to look for the clothes they've hurriedly discarded. Because Nayeon for some reason decided to text Jeongyeon and let her know they'd be home in ten minutes.

"Where's my T-shirt?" Chaeyoung grumbles looking under the bed.

She blushes when Jeongyeon wraps an arm around her middle and whispers in her ears, "Just wear mine."

She shoves a new T-shirt she's gotten from the cupboard into her hands and watches with hungry eyes as the younger girl in her underwear slips them over her head.

She clears her throat to clear the cloud of arousal.

Chaeyoung rushes to unlatch the bed room door and sits on the couch with her sketch pad just as she hears the lift doors opening on their floor.

When Jeongyeon walks past her to open the door, she tugs on her hand making her stumble and lays a wet peck on her lips.

"Don't tell me you've caught the cold too." Dahyun frowns at Jeongyeon whose cheeks look flushed.

Nayeon's watchful eyes swings back and forth between Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung who's wearing a different tshirt than the one she had on when they left looks unusually shy and Jeongyeon is smiling too much.

Her eyes flicker to Mina who has flung the grocery bags gently on the carpeted floor and has joined by Chaeyoung's side stretching her tired legs.

She mentally thanks herself for sending the text to Jeongyeon.

Her heart aches for Mina and the fucked up situation they're in. She wants to be happy for the two girls really but there's no denying that two hearts are going to get broken and it's definitely not Jeongyeon's or Chaeyoung's.

"I miss Momo and Sana." Dahyun gazes around the apartment which seems less cheerful because they aren't around.

"Hows it that when other members aren't around everyone misses them but when I'm gone you're all just relieved?" Nayeon pouts.

Jihyo pinches her cheeks. "That's not true. Mina said she misses you when you were away for three days with your family."

Chaeyoung pats Mina soothingly on her back when she suddenly chokes on the water she's sipping.