Chapter 41

Dahyun is gobsmacked. There aren't a lot of things that stuns or leaves her speechless, her tolerance for shocking things has always been so high that it actually shocks others, but for the first time in her life her brain feels fried and is unable to process the information it just received.

"I don't understand, I thought you liked Nayeon."

Jeongyeon stares at the ripple caused by the stone she has just flicked into the lake. The stone skips a few times and drowns in the huge body of water around it.

"Do you realize how fucked up this is?" She continues when she doesn't get a response. "Did you think about Mina for a second?"

Jeongyeon throws another stone at the lake.

"I can't believe you would do this to her." Dahyun's patience finally wears thin so she pulls the older girl to turn around and face her.

The tears welled behind those normally composed eyes is what unarms her.

She stops her tirade and pulls her against her body in a warm and comforting hug. A quote about how everything is fair in love and war rattles around in her head as she continues to hold the taller girl in her arms.

"I think Mina deserves to know the truth." Dahyun rubs Jeongyeon's hand with her thumb in a soothing motion as they walk back to the dorm.

"I can't decide for Chaeyoung." Jeongyeon sighs.

"You can't, but you can try."

So she does. She corners Chaeyoung after a stage performance in her dressing room and tells her that they should tell Mina about what happened.

Chaeyoung's mocking laughter and the cruel words she utters after that cements her belief that the younger girl would never feel anything for her.

"First Nayeon and now you? Why are you both hell bent on destroying my happy ending?"

Jeongyeon hangs her head low and stares at her feet. "Don't you think the girl you want a happy ending with deserves a little truth?"

"Why would I want to ruin my chances with her by telling her about a meaningless fuck?"

The words knock the wind out of her and throws her off balance. She quickly masks the flicker of pain in her eyes with a blank expression as she looks up and hold the younger girl's gaze.

"Meaningless or not, she deserves to know. You don't lie to someone you claim to like and want to go after."

Chaeyoung's demeanor softens as she steps towards the taller girl whose wounded eyes and defeated stance troubles her.

They are friends, she has no rights to talk about her like she's some random person she hooked up with.

"I didn't mean it that way."

Jeongyeon takes a step back. "It's fine Chaeyoungah. It was a drunken mistake after all. It's not like we like each other."

This time the words slap Chaeyoung across the face. She watches in silence as the taller girl disappear behind the curtains, leaving her alone in the room with her thoughts and regrets.

When they make dinner together that night at the dorm, and Chaeyoung's arms accidentally brushes across Jeongyeon's when they reach for something at the top of the cabinet and she feels Jeongyeon tense and pull away, the need to get closer to her is so overwhelming that she almost forgets Mina is also in the kitchen.

"Did I just see Nayeon jump off the balcony?" Tzuyu wonders out aloud.

Jihyo's face turns cold and she rushes to the balcony only to find Nayeon crouching down on the wide ledge on her trembling legs to retrieve something from the cemented floor.

The girls behind her let out a collective sigh of relief.

Tzuyu is in the living room chewing on her candy bar giving zero fucks about the commotion around her.

"Are you trying to kill us all?" Jihyo has been going off on a rant for about ten minutes now.

Nayeon is bored and flickers her gaze often to Jeongyeon who grins back at her.

"Living with you is like living with a three year old spiked on energy drink."

"What were you even doing there?" Jeongyeon covers her mouth and whispers in secret not wanting to be caught by Jihyo who's busy pacing back and forth in the living room.

"I found this glittering in the dark." Nayeon opens her palms and inside them is the diamond ring Jeongyeon has lost about over a year ago and had given up hopes of finding it ever again. It's a gift from her sister who's gotten it for her with her first pay. A gift that meant the world to her.

"You know I love you right." Jeongyeon kisses the girl's cheek affectionately.

"I know." Nayeon bumps her head with hers softly.

"Why are you always trying to throw yourself over balconies every time I see you?" Jihyo continues recalling a moment from their trainee days and how she had to save Nayeon from falling off the rail less balcony at their old studio.

"How long do you think she'd be at it?" Momo asks Tzuyu.

"Ten more minutes." Tzuyu states with confidence.

"If she catches Nayeon smiling like a goofy idiot with Jeongyeon, it could add another ten minutes." Sana exclaims glancing at the pair on the couch giggling secretly like a bunch of kindergarten kids.

"She has no shame." Dahyun remarks as Nayeon quickly puts on a serious face when Jihyo turns to look at her in between her long winded rant. "But that's so badboyish it makes her hotter." She swoons.

"You're just gay for her." Sana laughs.

"Aren't we all?" Momo sighs staring at Nayeon who's wearing an oversized black sleeveless Transformers T-shirt, a Ben10 watch and blue cotton shorts.

"Bad boy my ass, you are all just simping." Tzuyu snorts, "She looks like a fucking baby with that short bob."

Momo elbows her. "You're just jealous, her big hands are alone enough to make my heart flutter."

"Ha!! I knew it was you who wrote that letter!!" Sana grins victoriously.

Jihyo is still ranting.

Mina clears her throat as she turns to her side to look at Chaeyoung. "We have a dinner to take care of."

Chaeyoung stops staring at Jeongyeon and goes back to the kitchen wearing a relieved expression on her face that the bunny in their dorm is still alive.