Chapter 29

He's coming Mia. He's coming Mia. Fucking hell dont cry Mia just dont.

I can't do this anymore. I want all this to end. Its been a week and he has not yet come. I'm scared as hell of what Damien's going to do to me. What did I do to deserve this.

I've been good. I've tried treating all those around me fairly,I've tried being nice to people who tret me like shit. I .....I.

My inner turmoil was put on hold when the bars to my cell opened.

It was Charles and he didn't look too good.

"He found out didn't he"

"I'm sorry Mia but I have to take you to Alpha Damien as per orders"

"Thanks for looking out for me Charles"

"Its been a pleasure your highness"he did a slight bow.

What did he say. Why did he call me that.

"What did you just say"I rasped out but he just shook his head and let the other guards drag me out like the hostage I am.

I let the stray tear trickle down my cheeks as we moved out of what I termed as a hell hole.

At this point nothing hurt. Nothing hurts me when I'm alone. Nothing hurts when I'm alone.

Shit I think I'm going crazy. This is not good. This is not good.

Focus Mia.

I didn't even notice our arrival in Damien's room. The door slammed shut leaving me confused and scared on the floor.

I tried to make myself as small as possible . Maybe if I did that I'd be able to hide myself from Damien. Yes . It will work. It has to work . It has to work. It has to work. It has to work.

"You're hurting yourself little mate"a sadistic chuckle enveloped the room

"Let me go "I whispered

"Sorry little mate but there's no way out"

"Please let me go"I whispered again but it seemed to irritate him because the back of his hand landed on my left cheeck.

I spit out blood and didn't bother to pick myself up. I just want this to end.

"Give up mate. This would  be so much easier. Give into me Mia and you would have all wolves in this territory at your feet. Accept me as your Alpha and your mate and you will know suffering no more"

"I'd rather have my throat slit than accept to be yours!"I spat out.

"Last chance!"

"Damien why are you doing all this"

Right then and there Damien's door came tumbling down revealing Gerald who looked terrifying.

He came.

But it was already too late
I already gave up. I give up. I cant . I just cant.

"Leave my mate alone!"

  "Your mate?! You have got to be kidding me"

"One more word from you and I'll slaughter you"

"You wont let me  walk out of this room alive so why should I listen to you"

"I'm warning you"

"I dont give a damn anymore. You there. The almighty alpha Gerald,slayer of wolves think you have a right to her? Well jokes on you . You dont. And I know as soon as your mate comes back you'll leave her . You'll forget about her and discard her!"

I thought his mate was dead. I looked at his face and his expression held it all. Damien was stating the truth.

That bastard marked me knowing that his mate was still out there.

"Gerald,is it true?  Did you mark me knowing that your mate is still alive?"

"Mia "

"He's using you Mia and you are too blind to see it"

"Shut up mutt"

"Gerald?"

"Reject him Mia before I kill him"Gerald growled

"I Mia reject you Damien as my mate"I said amidst my sobs and an indescribable pain hit me

Is this what being shattered feels like. Well of it is then I dont want to feel this way. Its beyond painful. It hurts.

People say pain is only a feeling. So if its just a feeling then why can I taste it. Taste it at the back of my throat. Why is it that I can taste it in the air that I breathe.Why?

"You'll regret this"Damien growled before shifting and running away

I felt myself being lifted. I didn't care about  who carried me.

"We're home love"

It was Gerald speaking. I didnt care anymore or maybe I did.

"Mia "both twins cried out.

Gerald placed me down and the twins rushed to me and smothered me with kisses.

I cant break infront of them. I cant break infront of them. Come on Mia. You can do this.

"I missed you guys so much"I croaked out.

Both the twins suddenly distanced themselves away from me.

Their eyes mirrored my grief. That was the most horrifying thing I'd ever witnessed.

Gerald saw that and pulled the twins further away.

"Mia I think you should go to your room"

I didn't hesitate.

I shut the door behind me and took off the sad excuse of clothings I had on.

I scrubbed my skin raw in the shower and once I was satisfied that I washed off all the unwanted touches I had on my skin,I got out.

I found Gerald laying on my bed.

"I want to be alone"I whispered.

"Even if she came back I would never leave you"

"Not today Gerald. Not right now. Please leave"

"I love you Mia"he said as he  walked out.

I slammed it shut and leaned against the door

"I love you too"