Chapter 6

Damien's POV

"Smile son. Don't you dare embarrass me any further"

It took all the amount of self control I had in me to not break my father's neck. When he didn't stop I decided to leave his presence and began to search for my cousin.

Gershon.

He spoke about searching for someone before he disappeared and by that someone I meant his secret crush or was it girlfriend?. If my suspicions were right it was one of the maids. Despite warning him about it he still pursued her.

I felt sorry for his mate because Gershon seemed to be head over heels in love with this girl if not obsessed. The main reason he would come to the palace is to meet her and after that he would leave with a very big smile.

He was a fool . But he seemed genuinely happy after seeing her though

As I walked towards the food court a strong sent of lavender and vanilla filled my nostrils. My mate. I could not believe it. She was here right in this room. Heaven knows what I'll do once I find her.

"Cousiin"

In front of me stood my cousin who was more of a brother to me. He seemed a bit too happy.

"Someone's in a good mood"

"Why wouldn't I be "

"Let me guess you saw her"

"Yes and I'm gonna ask uncle if I can take her back to my pack tonight '

"What do you mean by taking her"

"I love her man and I can't stand her being away from me anymore "

"What about your mate Gershon. What if you find her tonight? "

Everytime I'd ask him about this he would either avoid the question or change the topic. He was running away from this and unfortunately for him, this would one day bite him in the ass

"I'll reject her of course. Look man this girl is completely amazing. She gets me and loves me for me. No one and I repeat no one not even the moon goddess is going to stop me"

He gave me one last glance before walking away.

I don't know why but something told me that this wasn't going to end well.

Mia's POV

"You are late!"

"Sorry mom it won't happen again "

"It's OK sweetie thanks for coming though. I know how much you prefer eating than doing this"

"It's fine"

I walked to the doors from which the girls would emerge from. Apparently they were all to be presented before Damien and the rest of the unmated alphas, betas and gammas in the room.

The girls had to walk down the series of stairs now before the alphas and hope that one of them was her mate.

I still didn't get the point of me being here though.

"Presenting Natasha Calida of the silver pack"

We both exchanged a brief glance before she snarled at me. Rude much.

"If you dare break my nails I shall slaughter you"

"Bitch"

I whispered and prayed that she didn't hear me because of she did then this would be chaotic

"What did you just say maid?"

"Nothing my lady . My apologies "

One by one I walked these females half way the staircase and came back.

Torture. That's what this felt. Those stairs were no joke. I felt like dying after walking girl number two hundred and five down the stairs.

I am unfit. So this was practically killing my thighs and legs and arms . Maybe I should stop eating as much as I do .

Or maybe not. I love my food so no. I won't sacrifice it for nobody

Finally the long line was down to five girls. The four seemed nice. Maybe it was due to the fact that they hadn't said a word.

Only one girl to go.

Andy

Push her down the stairs. My intrusive thoughts were attacking me again

There she stood looking around as if the whole damn palace belonged to her. When she saw me her entire face changed.

She gave me the iciest glare she could muster and clenched her fists.

I couldn't recognize the girl standing right in front of me. She seemed colder heartless and the complete opposite of the Andy I used to know.

"You are the most hideous thing I've ever seen "she snarled.

This bitch sure has the nerve

"It's funny. A few days ago you called me the most beautiful girl you had ever seen"

"I hate you so much Mia. I've hated you ever since you set foot here. Did you really think I was your friend. You took everything. You take everything. You always act like the victim but we both know who truly is"

Dramatic I'm I right

"Get to the point Andy. I know this is about something completely different "

"You ruined everything "

Probably this is a bout some boy. I know how the story goes, she liked a boy ,the boy didn't like her, I showed up, the boy probably like me and now she hates me because of that

"Enlighten me on how I ruined everything because I don't seem to quite remember"

"You don't even get it huh. Gershon. You took him away from me. He was my crush. He was the one I'd sneak off to meet. He was my first kiss but ever since you came into the picture he barely even looks at me.

Because of you he ended things. Because of you he doesn't even look at me anymore. "

She threw our years of friendship because of a male. Wow.

"Presenting Andraia Marsha"

"And for that my little sweet Mia I am going to make your life hell. "

"You know ,you talk too much for a scheming bitch. I hope you find your mate tonight because I don't think I can stand seeing your face in this place any longer"

The doors swung open and Andy smiled. I was terrified. Once I parted from her I watched as she made way down the stairs. She gave me one last glance before standing.

I could see Gershon up ahead. I then saw as he stood and walked towards Andy. I watched as he shut his eyes and inhaled.

Oh you have got to be kidding me. Ain't no freaking way that this could be happening right now. Andy was Gershon's mate.

He looked at me as sadness and guilt displayed in his eyes. He shook his head and focused back on Andy and finally said the word that completely and surprising shattered me.

Mate

Authors note

Don't forget to vote and comment. Love y'all