Chapter 25

Ever since the ball happened things have changed drastically.

Gerald's become more distant,the twins have started going to school instead of being homeschooled and Natalie has been acting distant.

Because of the stupid mate bond I have with Gerald, I'm in constant pain because of the distance that is between us and let me not get started on the heart breaking pain I experience whenever he is with one of his shewolf friends.

Puking out black blood and feeling constantly weak has been nothing but a routine nowadays. Crying myself every single night is no big deal anymore.

As I walked around the gigantic house that I've been living in for a while ,I kept on wondering where I went wrong in life.

I saw Natalie stomping towards her room and by the looks of things she had been crying.

What would a good human friend doing in  such a situation? Comfort her but how could I do that when I myself was breaking inside.

Suck it in Mia. She's sixteen.

I carried myself to her door and knocked

"Go away!"she yelled her voice hoarse

Here we go

"Its me Nat"

"Go away Mia. I dont want to see anyone right now"

"You sure you want me to go"

Silence.

Being a very thoughtful and caring person I rushed to the kitchen and took out two buckets of Ice cream some crackers and more junk food.

The door to Natalie's room was unlocked and she probably had some super nose smelling ability.

"I come bearing gifts"I yelled as I walked in

Natalie was sprawled on her bed as she was screaming into her pillow.

"Are you ok"

She raised her head and gave me an icy glare. I probably shouldn't have asked that. Of course she's not ok

"I'm sorry"

"Its not your fault"

  "Is it that boy again"

She nodded and broke into another sob

"Let me guess, he found his mate"

"Mmh"

"And she's the bitch he's been cheating on you with"

"Yes"

"And what hurts more is the fact that they were still going behind your back even before they discovered they were mates"

"Why do you know all this"

"Well some say I'm smart"

"It hurts Mia . It hurts so much. Why does it hurt this much Mia"

She wrapped her arms around me and sobbed on my shoulder.

All I could do was rub her back and run my fingers through her hair.

"Well I wont tell you I understand how you feel because I dont. You know your idiot of a brother marked me,made me fall for him and told me he loved me but now he's sleeping around with other shewolves and due to the mate bond I feel all the pain"

"Mia I"

"To make matters worse I'm exhausted ,sick and drained and I cant tell anyone"

"I'm sorry "

"Lets forget about those boys . For all I know they can suck on a hippopotamus's ear"

"Thanks alot Mia"

"Now lets begin with watching sappy movies and eatiing a whole lot of junk"

We watched a dozen of movies but towards the end I started feeling a bit drowsy.

"Imma take a little nap Nat"

"Ok,but ........."

I didn't hear the rest of what she because darkness overwhelmed me.

Natalie's POV

"Imma take a little nap Nat" 

Something was wrong with Mia. Throughout the movie I could hear her heart beat irregulary and her breathing was getting strained. I turned to look at her and noticed black blood trickling down her nose.

This was bad

"Ok but hold on for a second"

Her eyes were shut by the time I finished speaking.

She had all the symptoms I thought of.

Withdrawal from her mate. Oh that ass is going to get it

"Gerald"I said through the mindlink

"What do you want!"

"A hearse to carry Mia's dead body"I stated coldly and I could tell Gerald was in shock

"Dont joke about such things"

"Her heartbeat is weak you asshole. Its all your fault"

The door came tumbling down revealing a livid Gerald.

He saw Mia's state and took her in his arms

"She deserves better"I whispered as he left the room

"I know"