Chapter 38

No one ... Literally no one... Then there's me updating this book after vanishing😂😂😂. In my defence... blame it on exams. For those who still have this book in their library I love yall so much and thank you soo so much for voting and all those encouraging comments. If it weren't for them I'd have given up....... So without wasting time.... I give you.... Another chapter

"Fight"

I have to fight the darkness. I have to fight the darkness. I have to live

I can do this.

As hard as it was ,I pried my eyes open and let out a harsh exhale. I am alive.

I took in my surroundings as I gathered my thoughts together

The shiny ring on my finger caught my attention instantly. I'm married. I am a married woman or is it lady . How peachy.

"She's awake your highness"

Memories flooded my brain instantly. Gerald's betrayal,the academy,my new parents,the wedding and the poisoning.

"Thank you so much doctor, I'll take it from here"

"Take care of her your majesty"

"I sure will"

I waited for the doctor's footsteps to fade away so that I could stretch but when I felt what seemed to be my blanket being pulled away I got livid.

"Don't you dare try to touch me Luca "I rasped out

"And here I thought that you were brain dead"he said sounding rather amused.

"Well I'm very happy to dissapoint you your majesty"I said sounding sarcastic

"Why don't you open your eyes"

"I don't want to ruin my day"

"And why would opening your eyes ruin your day. You just did it seconds ago"

"The sight of you makes me annoyed"

"Open your eyes Mia"

"Fine"

When my eyes met with his ,everything seemed to stand still. This however made him to have a smug look on his face. I hated that.

All my life I've served people,lived for them,compromised my happiness and put other people first.

That was one thing I was going to change. I need to love me more and put my happiness first so that's why I wasn't going to repeat the same mistake thrice.

I choose to be happy and live my best life

"Luca we need to talk"

"What you need is a cup of water,you look dehydrated"

"How sure am I that whatever you give me isn't poisoned?"

"Calm down,I can't have you dead"

"How could I forget. Without me you can't have the throne"

"Bingo"

"Fine then"

I took a mouthful from the glass then pushed it away

"So what does my beloved wife want to talk about"he smiled and looked rather amused

"Stop looking all so smug. We need ground rules "

"Rules?"

"Yes,rules. We are married now Luca and I know that we both know that this is some sort of political marriage"

"Continue"

"And soo in order for this to work we need to have some sort of mutual agreement"

"Pfft"

"Its not funny. This is serious. I for one know that you don't love me better yet like me which is completely understandable because I have no plans on loving you anytime soon"

"You ,my dear are very blatant"

"Of course I am. Soo back to what I was saying ...ground rules. Number one... Respect me"

"Respect you?"

"Yes. I don't need you to love me I just want you to respect me and my decisions"

He looked dumbfounded which almost made me giggle.

We must be strong Mia

"Hmmm proceed with your 'ground rules'"

"Number two,I know you might have other conquests if you know what I mean so,kindly if you want to engage in your 'extra activities' kindly be discreet because I don't want any further complications"

"So in short you are giving me permission to carry on with my other love affairs? Shouldn't you tell me not to?"

"Knowing you,if I told you not to, that would be the first thing you would do once you leave this room and besides, the rule also applies to me. I too can have someone on the side and you my dear husband will not be able to do anything about it"I laughed

That seemed to have triggered something because his facial expressions changed to one that I could not quite decipher

"No. As long as we are married none of us can have any love affairs"

Interesting

"Oh that was easy"I laughed and he seemed to realise what I just did

"You scheming little huma..."

" And it will also make ground rule number three much more simple and soo...Number three... We have to act like a couple and support each other in front of the public eye"

"That I can agree"

"And lastly, number four... You cant and will never control me or force me to do what I'm not comfortable with. "

"Rest assured Mia that I shall adhere to these ground rules.

"Good"

"Before I forget, I too have some rules"

"Okay then, state them"

"We have to be honest with each other"

"Okay"

"And in public I get to have the right to act as your husband"

"What do you mean by the right to act as my husband in public?"

"Don't be dumb Mia, of course you know what I mean"

"Don't cross the line though, you prick"

"Of course I wouldn't. It's not like I'm attracted to you or anything "

"True. Judging from how this marriage is somewhat arranged"

"Exactly. And so you have no reason to worry about me taking things too far"

"Good"

"I guess we are done then"

"Not quite"

"Why?"

"We have to pay our respects to the King and Queen my dear wufe"

"I just woke up from a coma"

"I am giving you thirty minutes to make yourself look decent because you currently look like you just crawled out of the valley of death"

"I was poisoned because of you"

"I never asked you to switch plates"

"Why you good for nothing ungrateful wolf"

"No excuses"

"You are heartless Luca"

"Trust me love ,this is just the beginning"