a christmas story

thirty-four | a christmas story

trigger warning: this chapter includes mention of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse. If you will be triggered by this, do not read it! If you don't want to read this chapter just skip to the next chapter, you won't miss anything, the next chapter will be the same as this one just minus the triggering part.

------
Harry opened the door for Lou. The room was filled by a trail of roses lined with twinkle lights and candles. It was absolutely breath-taking.

"Haz..." Louis said, slightly concerned.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna propose," Harry said pointing in the door.

"Yet," Harry mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing!" Harry assured, chuckling a bit.

Louis walked down the path of roses and Harry followed. The path ended at a very dark living room.

Suddenly the lights came on revealing five familiar children, Gemma, and Anne.

"Happy Birthday Louis!" They all shouted and ran to hug Louis all at once.

Tears began to stream down Louis' face.

"Harry, you did this for me?"

"You did say that you haven't seen your siblings in ages, so I figured that they could spend Christmas with us,"

Lottie left the hug and went to hug Harry.

"Hey, Lot, how have you been?"

"Don't you dare leave my brother again, we all missed you!"

As soon as Lottie said that Phoebe and Daisy ran and hugged Harry.

"Hi girls!"

"We missed you, Hazzie!" Phoebe said, snuggling into the warmth of Harry's body.

"I've missed you too! Gosh, you girls have gotten big! How old are you now? 20?"

"Haz, we aren't little girls anymore, we are 15, too old for that game!" Daisy replied.

"Okay, okay," Harry giggled.

Harry looks over to see two little faces. Harry bends down to greet them.

"Do you remember me?" Harry asks, bringing Doris and Ernest into a hug, he knew that they wouldn't remember him, they were too little when he left.

Both of the little munchkins shake their heads no.

"I'm Harry!"

"Louis' Harry?" Doris asks quietly.

"Yeah, Louis' Harry,"

Both of them jump back into Harry's arms, it's quite cute actually.

Harry pulls away and they both go running to play with Gemma.

Harry stands up and walks over to Louis. Louis instantly leaps into his welcoming arms.

"I know that you said no more 'thank yous' but this means so much to me, thank you so much!"

"You're welcome, Lou," Harry said.

*trigger warning*

--

Louis stayed away from his siblings for a couple of different reasons, he still paid for their schooling and called them when possible but he didn't want them to see his bruises and whenever he saw them they would ask about Harry, they loved him, so did Louis, but it hurt him too much to be around them. His siblings reminded him of Harry, Harry loved those kids with all of his heart so it hurt when Harry wasn't there anymore, it hurt those kids and it hurt Louis.