moving on

nineteen | moving on

sorry, this story skips forward so much! I wanted it to happen within the ten years of one direction but didn't realize how much content I would have to write. Hopefully, after the next couple of chapters, it doesn't need to skip forward anymore, I hope it doesn't ruin the story, please let me know if it does!

------
"Thank you, Gems," Harry said as Gemma was putting his last bag in the car.

"Are you sure you want to leave?" Gemma asked.

"I'm sure Gemma, London only reminds me of Louis, I need to move on," Harry said.

"Okay, but please drive safe! I don't need to go through that again," Gemma said nervously.

"I will, I promise, Gemma! I promise!"

"I love you, Harry,"

"I love you, Gems,"

--

Harry decided to move back to Holmes Chapel, there were no memories of Louis there like there was in London and Doncaster. Harry wanted a fresh start, he wanted to move on like Louis had.

--

Harry arrived in his new house, he was excited to start over but nervous to do it without Louis. Harry decided to take a walk around town, see his old friends, get his mind off things.

Harry walked into the bakery that he once worked at.

"Harry?" He heard the sweet, familiar voice behind him.

"Barbra!" Harry yelled.

"What are you doing here?" Barbra asked bringing Harry into a big hug.

"I moved back, I came to visit!" Harry said.

"You moved back? What happened to your big-time famous band?" she asked.

"Well...I was kind of dating Louis and we broke up, so the band, mutually decided to break up as well, I guess that's the simplest way of putting it," Harry said.

"Harry, I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're back though!"

"Yeah"

"What can I get you?" Barbra asked.

"You still remember my usual?" Harry asked.

"Of course I do!" She said.

A minute or two later she brought Harry his food and tea.

"I should get going, I have a lot of unpacking to do! I'll definitely be back though!" Harry said.

"Take care, Harry!"

"Take care!"

--

Harry went and walked around town a little, saying hi to old friends and of course fans who came to see the place where Harry grew up.

Harry walked into his house and broke into tears. He missed Louis, he never wanted to leave this place before, but because he left Holmes, it brought him to Louis, it gave him the best thing he had in his life. Originally he didn't want to leave, but now he didn't want to have to come back if he didn't come back with Louis. But here he was, alone, where he first started, square one.

Harry wasn't planning on living in Holmes full-time, he was going to split his time between here and L.A. for the most part but he is planning on staying here until he got over Louis. Honestly, he doesn't think he ever will.

A song came to Harry's mind that made him cry even more.

'Sweet creature

Had another talk about where it's going wrong, but we're still young