we'll be alright, a fine line

nine | we'll be alright, a fine line

------
The next day Louis and Harry got a call from Simon, the two of them needed to go into the management office, they had some things to discuss.

Harry was confused as to why only he and Lou needed to go but went along with it anyways.

--

"Thank you, boys, for coming, please sit," Simon said pointing to the two chairs across from him.

"Why is it that we are here exactly?" Louis asked.

"You two are dating. Correct?" Simon finally said.

"Yes," they both said simultaneously.

"Well..you see we can't have that!" Simon said.

"EXCUSE ME!" Harry yelled, absolutely fuming.

Louis pulled Harry back and tried to calm him down.

"What do you mean you can't have that?" Louis said so Harry wouldn't yell again.

"It will ruin the band!" Simon says.

"THEN WHY PUT US IN THE BAND, TO BEGIN WITH!" Harry yells again.

"We want both of you in the band," Simon says.

"We're not breaking up!" Harry says, crossing his arms.

"You don't have to break up. You just need to sign a contract saying that you will not announce anything or publicly tell anyone you are dating. No public dates, hand-holding, kissing, or anything else that suggests you two are dating." Simon said.

Fumes were coming out of Harry's ears.

"May we have a moment to talk, Simon?" Louis asked politely.

"Of course, call me back in when you are ready." Simon agreed and left the room.

"Hazzie? It's okay. You didn't lose me." Louis said.

"No, but how am I supposed to show you and the world that I love you?" Harry asked,

"Babe, I already know," Louis admitted.

"We can't take this away from the boys if we say no to the contract, the band is over. It's their dream...it's our dream." Harry said, crying.

Louis pulled Harry's head to his chest, with tears building in his own eyes too.

"Then we'll sign the stupid contract," Louis said.

"I'll never leave you Haz, and plus we get to live out our dream and so do the boys," Louis said sighing slightly.

"I know it's not ideal but at least we know we love each other, right?"

"Okay," Harry agreed.

So they did. They signed the contract, but little did they know...

--

They got back to Harry's house after their exhausting day with Simon. Harry crawled into his bed and Lou followed soon after.

They laid there for a while, in complete silence.

"Harry?" Louis asked.

"Yeah?"

"I found a house...I'm moving in a week!"

"Really? That's great! Why didn't you tell me?" Harry asked.

"Because...It's in London" Louis sighed.

"What?" Harry started crying again.

"Har don't cry. We'll get to be together all the time because of the band! And you'll be in London all the time anyway when we start recording an album." Louis said trying to comfort Harry.

"I know, it's just. I don't want to be without you!" Harry said, sniffling a bit.

"I have an idea..." Louis said.

"What?" Harry asked.

"What if you move in with me?" Louis wondered.

"But I'm not an adult, I'm only sixteen," Harry sighed.

"So? We are going to be on the road most of the time anyway...I mean, I would be legally responsible for you, but we get to be together." Louis said, very giddy.

"Okay! Let's do it!" Harry screamed.

"Though we would have to get my mum's permission," Harry said.

"Well, I'm sure she will agree" Louis assured.

"Yeah, she probably will" Harry sighed.

Harry's face melted and Lou could see the look in his eyes.

"What's wrong Hazzabear?" Louis asked, being very concerned.

"I-It's just the stupid contract! I know I love you and I know you love me, but I can't share it with the world. I want to shout it from the rooftops! I want to hold your hand in public. I want to go to our special spot under the canyon moon and not worry about people seeing us. I just...I see this ending badly." Harry said, on the verge of tears.

"I know Haz, but its the only way we can be together and the boys can live out their dream," Louis sighed.

"I know, I just don't want to lose you," Harry finally admitted.

"You won't. I promise Har," Louis said.

"I'm not leaving."

Harry felt better. They both laid there, Harry's arms around Lou's waist and Lou playing with Harry's hair.

"Lou?" Harry asked.

"Yeah?" Lou responded.

"Is this really your dream?" Harry asked.

"Of course it is, it just isn't happening the way I wanted it to, but we will be alright."

"You really think we will be alright?" Harry asked.

"We'll be alright, I promise," Louis said, assuringly.

"A fine line," Harry sighed.

"A fine line," Lou repeated, kissing Harry's head.

"We will get through this."

------
okay, this one is another short one. I've been helping my aunt move today and really just wanted to get it up. I thought it was too cute at the end to drag on.

hopefully, The next chapters are longer. I have an idea but don't know how long it will be!

thank you for reading!

treat people with kindness!

love you all!

M.
------