Ch 7 Sacring The Minions

Reader POV

I walk down the streets of Vale trying to find something to eat. I come across a ice cream shop and head inside. As I try to figure out what to order I see a rather short girl walk in and order some ice cream. Her appearance is odd; she has pink and brown hair with matching eyes, her pants are brown along with a brown corset, a white and pink jacket and white boots with brown buttons. She gets a giant tub of ice cream and sits down at the table I'm at.

Reader: "Hello."

She doesn't say anything and instead just waves at me.

Reader: "You got a name?"

She nods and does sign language.

Neo: "My name is Neo."

Not understanding her, I use some of my power to talk to her with my mind.

Reader: *in mind* "Forgive me, but I don't understand what you said."

Neo: *in mind* "My name is Neo. What's your name?"

Reader: "Y/N."

Neo: "Kind of a weird name."

Reader: "The same can be said for you."

Neo: "Fair enough. So what brings you here?"

Reader: "Got hungry and this place was the closest."

Neo: "You like ice cream?"

Reader: "Don't know, never had it before."

Her expression changes to shocked and she takes a scoop of her ice cream and holds it in front of me.

Neo: "Here, try some of mine."

I reluctantly try it and it isn't half bad.

Reader: "It's sweet."

Neo: "It's the best thing Oum made."

Reader: "I take it you like it a lot?"

Neo: "You have no idea."

She finishes her ice cream and leaves the store. I head out and see it is nighttime; I go to call Salem when I hear a crash and the sound of something falling and hitting the ground. I teleport to it and see team RWBY fighting a giant robot. Yang punches it into pieces and that male that shot me in the face rolls out.

Male: "Ladies. Ice Queen."

Weiss: "Hey!"

Male: "Always a pleasure. Neo, if you would."

That girl I met earlier bows in front of him and winks at me. They shatter like glass and soon a bullhead flies past us. I figure they are on it so I teleport myself on top of it and ride it to it's destination. It lands at a warehouse and I teleport to the roof of the warehouse. I look inside the skylight and see Neo and that male walk inside; they stand in front of two new people with one being a girl and the other a boy. I turn into my smoke form and phase inside the building. I use my magic to cut out the power and plunge the building into chaos. I release my true form and stalk the building; they manage to turn the power back on and I begin my hunt.

I use my speed to quickly take down the people in the building creating panic and fear. I take down all but Neo and the other three when I turn into smoke and hide in the ceiling.

Male: "Whoever you are come on out and face us man to man."

Reader: "You are very foolish if you think I'm a man."

Boy: "Show yourself!"

Reader: "If you say so."

Neo POV

That voice whatever it is it isn't human; a huge cloud of black smoke falls from the ceiling and creates a mushroom cloud. That cloud forms into a otherworldly figure and the height alone is freighting. This figure has a lions head, tree horns and some exposed bones on its body.

Reader: "Do you still think you can beat me?"

Mercury: "You may look freaky, but I bet you're a push over."

He fires his foot directly in its face and it just stands there. The figure grabs Mercury's leg and breaks it into pieces.

Reader: "Foolish child."

I see Emerald try to use her semblance on it but instead she screams in pain while clutching her head and blood coming out of her nose.

Reader: "Your little mind trick won't work on me."

He turns his sights on me and begins walking to me. Roman stands between us and aims his cane at the figure.

Roman: "You will not hurt her."

The figure grabs Roman's cane and snaps it in half like it was a twig. He then backhands Roman away like a fly and gets face to face with me. I feel my hand trying to go for my sword but the figure only places its bony hand on my shoulder and speaks.

Reader: "I am not going to hurt you, so don't be afraid."

For some reason I feel myself relax and let go of my sword. The figure looks at everyone and speaks to them.

Reader: "Heed my words, if you do anything that upsets me. I will hunt all of you down and kill you where you stand." *looks at me* "Except you, I trust you."

The figure snaps its fingers and it disappears and everything returns to normal.

Roman: "Just what the hell happened?"

Mercury: "I think we just saw the devil."

Emerald: "Was that the god that Hazel was talking about?"

Roman: "Maybe, but what stumps me the most is why he didn't hurt Neo. Not that I mind him not doing so."

Mercury: "Did you two meet before?"

I just shrug being just as confused as them.

Emerald: "Whatever his deal is, he is strong enough to resist my semblance."

Roman: "He broke my precious cane like it was nothing."

Emerald: "All in favor of not pissing him off?"

R+M+E+Me: "Aye."