Ch.24

This world keeps getting worse, Sasuke held his hand against his head, somewhat happy with the downpour hitting him. It seemed to help dull the ache coming from his head.

“Get moving,” The Summoner before them shouted, his annoyance not hidden by the rain. “We need to get back before the Triffids respawn with our healer being sent to the Cathedral.” The man grumbled, keeping his pace well ahead of the three behind him. “Jeez, why did I have to babysit these guys? My luck sucks.”

“Agh.” Sasuke stumbled, getting caught by Tohya.

“You alright?” Tohya asked, Isuzu rushing to Sasuke’s other side to help.

“Don’t really know anymore. My head is killing me.” Sasuke grumbled, looking at the ground. What else will I forget? I already forgotten my surname, my jutsu and taijutsu has disappeared to be replaced by spells and skills, and I barely remember the Massacre. If this keeps up, I will be only causing more trouble for everyone.  Sasuke thought, feeling sick.

It was much like when the Massacre happen, but it felt a lot more physical than emotional back then. At least, of what he remembered. This world is manipulating everything. Even Hinata lost her surname, so there’s more going on. But we are all too weak to find out why. Even I am weaker than everyone else. Even the one’s trapped in the guild hall have more skills than me. Sasuke thought, his inferior complex taking over. He had hide it well, giving what appeared to be a superior complex. Yet, now the act was broken and his real, weak self expose.

“That guy…” Sasuke looked up, seeing Tohya holding back his fury. Touya was looking straight at their party leader. “Two of us died today because of him.”

“I hate to say it, but it is because we are too weak.” Isuzu said, looking at her feet while stomping through the mud.

“My luck sucks…” The Summoner grumbled before turning around slightly, “We did not hit our quota  because your levels are too low!” The man shouted before face back to the front.

“No. It’s because his level is too high,” Sasuke and Isuzu looked at Touya, “That’s why we stand out.”

“What do you mean?” Isuzu asked while Sasuke focused ahead, trying to see how much further till they reach the city.

“I don’t really understand it, but he attracts all the enemies. As a tank, my job is to attract the enemies and keep their attention.” Tohya said, “That’s why our formation keeps falling apart.”

“That’s right. Even with trying to correct it with the formations Shika shared to everyone, we still can’t stop the same thing from repeating.” Sasuke sighed,  before his eyes widen with a heavy pain to his eyes. “Shit!”  Tohya and Isuzu were unable to keep him up as he collapsed, one hand over his eyes to try and figure out what was the cause.

“Sasuke! Are you alright?” Isuzu said as Tohya kneeled down.

The hell! Why is my eyes hurting at a time like this? Sasuke thought , feeling his eyelids, I don’t feel anything and there’s no way it is pollen or any poison with the rain. What the hell is going on?

“Sasuke, is it your eyes? Show them to me.” Tohya asked, “I spent a lot of time in the hospital due to not being able to walk. Hence I learned a few things from the nurses to try and pass the time, so let me help.”

“Just, they hurt… A lot…” Sasuke grunted, trying to open his eyes. Tohya forced one opened with Sasuke moving his hand away some.

“Nani? It changed color?” Tohya said, studying Sasuke’s eyes. “Keep your eyes closed. The pain is from light sensitivity from how your pupils keep contracting and expanding. Or at least, I think it is.” Touya sighed, helping Sasuke up.