Ch.37

"Hokage-sama, did I just hear that correctly?" Hiruzen smirked at his advisor Mitokado Homura. From the mirror, he could see his other advisor Utatane Koharu mouth was actually a gap at the screen above the mirror and before them. "Konohagakure is now own by this group Log Horizon?"

"Technically, I own Konohagakure. I joined Log Horizon to see if the guild system works here in our world and stayed in it to ensure Konoha was represented in this conference." Hiruzen said, chuckling, "Though, Naruto and his little friend are ruthlessly brilliant. Hence why I want to be allies with Akihabara than enemies."

"But, why is this Guild Hall Building so important? As well as owning these major buildings in the village?" Koharu asked, regaining her composure.

"The banks have been being demolished by the new system. Hence the only allowed bank is within the Guild Hall Building or  Konoha's Ninja Academy in Konoha's case." Koharu and Homura looked at their former teammate with horror. "Also, guilds can only be made, joined, or left through the Guild Hall Building. With owning a zone like the Guild Hall Building, I can control the settings like who is allowed access into the area. I can blacklist people from their bank accounts. Though, what Naruto had me focus on mainly buying is the Shrine."

"Blacklist a ninja from the Shrine, they won't revive." Homura said, frowning at the whispers they were hearing through Naruto's ears. "Anyone who gains control of a Shrine alone can easily control a whole army against their will."

"Naruto knew this and had me use the funds he had under this avatar to buy every important building and the city of Konohagakure itself to ensure our enemies don't get ahold of it. We have no way of confirming if blacklisting someone from the Shrine will result in death permanently, but it is something none of us want to find out." Hiruzen said, smiling at Shiroe. "However, to ensure this council would form, Shiroe and Naruto used that very advantage of now owning the city of Akihabara."

"They are villains." Homura sighed, "Makes me wonder where Naruto learned such skills."

"From the game some of those people think their world still is," Hiruzen chuckled, Though, it just became the real deal now.

Indeed, Old Man. Hiruzen nodded, looking back at the screen. Time to finish up this meeting. Upside, Hamelin has been taken care and will mostly be disbanding as soon as they figure out how to get out of their guild hall with now being blacklisted from the Guild Hall Building.

Good. Hiruzen smiled, I am proud of you, Naruto.

Nothing less than a checkmate, Old Man. That's how I roll. Hiruzen let a small chuckle out.

"Keeping us from our bank accounts seems like blackmail to me." Eins said, frowning at the screen.

"I simply answered the question. As mentioned, we plan on this not to be blackmail, but a means to allow the this council to prevent issues with conflicting guilds. It is for a last result if nothing else works." Naruto chuckled, looking around to give Hiruzen and his advisors a look of the whole council.

"Anyone who opposes the Round Table will lose access to the Guild Bank." Shiroe said, holding up a sheet of paper.

"It's still blackmail!" Akaneya shouted, glaring at Shiroe.

"Isn't saying you will start a war also blackmail?" Shiroe frowned at the others.

"Purchasing the Guild Hall Building would need a monstrous amount of money." Eins said, crossing his arms. "Though I know Log Horizon was running Santa's Workshop, I do not believe you earned it all from that business."

"Yeah. Where did you get that money?" Woodstock W asked, "We only earned 500,000 gold in this month with expenses and such taken out for our shops in the market."