Ch. 29

“Back in my mind? Maybe all of Kurama’s mana has yet to leave my body?” Las Boss groaned, walking through the forest of trees in his mind. “Hm?” Naruto blinked, noticing odd shadows also walking through the trees like him. Their forms buzzing with static and simply moving along within a daze. “When did my mind become like the Midnight Channel? Gives me the creeps…” Las Boss sighed before hearing splashing.

“Naruto! There you are!” Las Boss blinked in shock while seeing Sasuke run up to him. “Why are we in the chat room? Our chakra went weird and next thing I know, I woke up here.”

“Naruto?” Las Boss said, speaking out the name. “Naruto?” Sasuke cocked his head at Las Boss, confused at the Druid. “It’s not blocked anymore? My last reincarnation’s name.” Las Boss chuckled before frowning. “And still saying that. Naruto is… Wait, no that is correct if I think about it.” That’s right, if the People of the Land existed while Elder Tales was a game, then that means this is also my avatar body created at the same time. Hence Las Boss is the current me and Naruto is my last reincarnation, just they both existed at the same time till Naruto technically died and merged with Las Boss.

“Naruto, are you that tired to make no sense?” Sasuke sighed, giving Las Boss an annoyed glare.

But, if Sasuke passed out with me… Does that mean? Las Boss looked at Sasuke before looking at the huge mother tree in the middle of the forest. “We’re heading to the reborn Shinju. I think we might be able to finally get some answers.” Las Boss said, walking towards the tree.

“Shinju? What’s that? It sounds familiar to me.” Sasuke said, following Las Boss.

“If I think I know what is going on, I think we are finally forced to pay our dues, Indra.” Las Boss sighed, looking back at Sasuke.

“Wait. You've been having those weird memories, too, since ending up here as well?” Sasuke asked, “What do they mean? And why do I have them?”

“Well, they are yours, at least over the lifetimes you lived that is.” Las Boss said, smiling with seeing the tree getting closer. “As I thought, it’s letting us get to the Shinju. When I explored this place before, it would do that annoying Legend of Zelda puzzle on me, always teleporting me to different areas when I tried going there.”

“Legend of Zelda?” Sasuke asked before he gasped, “It’s huge!” Sasuke said, shocked when they suddenly seemed to teleport before the tree, it’s size making a dramatic presence.

“Of course it is gigantic, for its mana is very potent. That is why it is called the Shinju, though how it escaped the confines of it seal I do not know.” Las Boss smiled, looking at the base of the tree where a large mirror stood. Floating before the mirror was an pale old man with long spiky pale red hair, almost pink due to age. He was wearing a white robe and had a odd staff floating behind his back.

“Who are you, old fart?” Sasuke asked before his eyes widen. “You have horns on your head? Are you a demon?” Sasuke recoiled in fear.

“Realistic questions except for the last one. That one was the utmost disrespectful. Quite a shame coming from the son I least expected it from.” The man sighed, “However, my name is Hagoromo, the one who brought peace and order, if for only a little while.”

“Eh?” Sasuke said, blinking at the old man. “Ah, Naruto, are you catching what he is saying? I’m just getting the gist of it.”

“Dad, please simplify down the sage speech.” Las Boss sighed, holding his head from the headache he was getting. “You’re even getting me a headache.”

“Wait, Dad?” Sasuke asked, looking back and forth between Hagoromo and Las Boss. “You do look alike though he’s wrinkly.”

“Again, you are quite a brusque one for manners, young one.” Hagoromo sighed, “Is it really hard for the definition of my words to get to you? I understand from my past meetings of transmigrants of  our morals and cultures have quite a discrepancy.” Hagoromo said, frowning at both of them.