Ch.4

Authornote-Decided to do an early release this week. Happy Thanksgiving everyone and hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Well, this escalated quite quickly, Las Boss sighed, peeling an orange. His party was in relaxed at a table. Still, four days and the markets still are wiped out of major supplies. No one even has an Appearance Reset Potion. Even the henge is not worth constantly using even after adding mastery points to it. Las Boss looked at Shiroe and Naotsugu. Both looked a bit depressed, but trying their best to eat the food before them.

My gag reflex is still as strong as ever. I can’t even eat this tasteless shit. I thought only the patrons at the orphanage could pull off tasteless food. Las Boss bit into an orange piece. His only salvation was the fact ingredient items had taste. Hence the past four days, he had eaten nothing but fruit and vegetables. And occasion fish that could be eaten without cooking, but those were now really rare on the market now along with other ingredient items.

They had tried cooking like in the old worlds. Yet, everything that Naotsugu and Shiroe cooked turned to strange goo or charcoal. Las Boss cooking looked the same horrifying way it did in his old world. None of them had the courage to test it, even when Las Boss explain his cooking always taste good even though it looked like it could star in horror game. Though, even Las Boss did not want to test his food with seeing the other two’s cooking.

But, food is the least of our worries. Las Boss took note of the billboard in the inn they were in. It was covered with flyers for guild recruitment. Even the people around them were giving them worried glances. From looking through the menus, almost all the people around them were in a guild.

-I rather not get asked by another guild again today.- Las Boss wrote on his pad, pushing it into the middle of the table for the other two to see with a quill pen on it. Shiroe put his tasteless sandwich down and took the pad.

-I understand. Though, all three of us prefer not to be bound to a guild.- Shiroe wrote, pushing it back into the middle. It was the only means of private communication they had in such a public place since the chat menu was gone.

-Correct. Also, I don’t want to give Maryelle a burden festival. If we joined her guild temporary only to get out of these invites, we could draw unneeded attention to her guild due to our past.- Naotsugu added.

-It’s also easier to get information with not being bound by a guild. However, it seems Akiba is setting up an order in the worse kind of way.- Las Boss wrote, all of them frowning. With everyone in a panic, everyone was turning to guilds as a way to find solace and allies. But, due to the chaos created, many people have shifted to an Us Vs. Them mentality. If they weren’t in the guild you were in, you couldn’t trust them. Outsiders without a guild were seen as either potential recruits or a threat.

-Yes. But there is nothing we can do.- A tired sigh came from Shiroe's lips as he pushed the pad back.

-In a sense, food and survival is easy to get. Yet, it is hell with food that tastes like soggy crackers and all drinks taste like tap water.- Naotsugu added his opinion on the pad.

-That, and dying does not take us out of this world.- Shiroe pointed out, the tired look on the three only getting heavier. As soon as the trio got back to Akiba on the second day being trapped in this world, they found out Adventurers do revive in this world. Some guy pissed off the Royal Guard and got himself killed, reviving in the Cathedral some time later. However, that was also when everything began to go downhill.

It was an odd version of chaos that Las Boss never seen before even with the many experiences he had. The guilds going into requirement mode and people quickly becoming suspicious was one thing he expected. Yet, now, the issue was the boredom. Unlike in some of the stories Las Boss watched and read as well as seeing it with his own eyes in his old world, mostly everyone in this world had a means to earn the money or supplies to easily get food and water. That and getting a place to stay was just as cheap. Hence there was no need for survival as it is simply given to them.