Ch.10

Authornote-Heh heh. Found out I actually don't have work this Friday(due to my next week schedule conflicting, hence lost out on that job assignment). So, I decided to go ahead and post this Friday as well. Forgot this in my last authornote, but I have a poll going on my blog. It's for the title of the next fanfiction that will be appearing on Wattpad and FFNet. Hope you enjoy this extra treat!

"Boss, how's the inventory?" Las Boss looked up from his notes. He blinked in confusion with standing within Ueno Log Castle, a zone where at night it was full of demi-humans and bandits. The foggy morning air giving off a mysterious feel to the air, reminding him of the battlefields he had been on that were covered with bodies and weapons.

Ah, no, Boss. That was not you. Or, technically current me. Las Boss shook his head, clearing it of confusing thoughts. [Everything is in order. I have Akatsuki with attack increasing items and Naotsugu with defense increasing items along with the basics needed for survival for the trip.] Las Boss looked back at Shiroe, moving away from the packs he was organizing for the journey.

"Heh! Finally done?" Las Boss nodded at Naotsugu who picked up his bag and strapped it to his armor. "I'm in your care, Treasurer [     ]!" Naotsugu saluted to Las Boss.

"Treasurer?" Akatsuki asked, taking her bag from Las Boss. She was giving Las Boss a slightly wary look. Though, Las Boss could tell it was more of worry for him. He was used to reading stoic faces like hers.

She must be worried about my memory. Though, seems my memories are fine except whatever is blocking memories has screwed up my storage system, Las Boss thought with a bit of bitterness, though smirking with pride at the ninja. Forget it. Not a problem. Need to focus on the present as the lessons of the past only are useful in the present.

"Boss used to be the one responsible for items and such when we partied before." Shiroe explained, "His title and love of crafting made him perfect for the job since he has a lot of things in his bank account."

[That and good at numbers. Math was one of the few subjects I got perfect scores in the academy. Then again, the Yazuka was always happy for kids to do their numbers to never worry about issues outside errors.] All three sweated, giving the Druid skeptic looks. Though, they don’t need to know I never done anything for the Yazuka in this lifetime.

"Is this really okay?" All four looked at Maryele. She was standing there with other members of the Crescent Moon Alliance. All of them with some worry and anxiety on their faces.

"Heh! Don't worry a bit, Marie-san! Is that girl cute, right?" Naotsugu grinned at Maryele, "I won't let any guy touch her before I have a chance to hit on her myself! Hitting on girls expedition festival-Agh!" Naotsugu groaned from the quick jab to his ribs from Akatsuki.

"Shut up, Bakatsu." Akatsuki glared at Naotsugu. Las Boss noticed the guild members giving them disappointed looks.

"It will be fine. We have gotten used to camping outdoors and been training constantly the past two weeks." Shiroe reassured Maryele, but Las Boss smirked with seeing Shrioe was refusing to meet with the guild leader's eyes.

He's still embarrassed, huh? Las Boss thought, remembering when they return to Akiba that night. I don’t blame him with being a male tsundere. Acts one way, thinks the other way, but perfect teasing material all the way. A chuckle escaped Las Boss’s lips. [Don't worry, Maryelle! We'll keep Shiroe safe from tentacles and get the noob back in no time!] Las Boss did a thumbs up at the group who were still sweating.

"Will you lay off on the Triffid jokes," Shiroe said at Las Boss, but gave a smile of relief for his friend breaking the tension.

"Maybe that's your fetish, closet pervert." Naotsugu smirked before grunting with getting a swift jab from the blunt end of Las Boss's spear.