Ch. 21

Authornote: Howdy, everyone. Just a quick authornote. Starting next week I have some business to do and I don't know if I will be losing my access to the internet while doing this job. I have it set up to where a friend can post for me, but I just wanted to give a heads up as I will have no idea what will be going on till the first few days next week. Hence telling you all now as I have no idea if I can give a heads up before I know what is going on. If I don't lose my internet or this job is short, I will have a short authornote to announce it next week, though if I still have to do the job, my posting schedule might change due to it as well. However, hope you all enjoy this chapter! Auto out!

“I apologize for my team being the one to assist the investigation, but with what happened, we were the only volunteers.” Gaara looked at his sensei Baki as they walked through Konoha. “Even though whatever it was that killed those employees did not attack a hair on any other Suna civilian, many fear that being has the ability to truly kill people as we were unable to revive them like other civilians with resurrection techniques.”

“I understand.” The youthful man that was the Hokage said, nodding, “However, with the information we gotten from you, we at least confirmed what happened to eleven people who went missing during the May Incident and why several people’s bodies changed like mine.”

“Where are we heading anyways?” Temari asked, moving her blond bangs out of her face.

Do you know more as to why Shukaku died? Gaara thought, seething while walking.

A month ago, Garra found he was knocked out and memories he never had came into his head. Yet, he managed to meet Shukaku and find out that the demon was not his Mother. However, he was just as lonely as a soul like him and so every night, talked to him without the fear of possessing him with finding somehow the seal was fixed. Though Shukaku was still distrustful, Gaara found a grudgingly friendship with the tanuki. He began to see his fears and anger as just blinding him, though he was still distrustful to humans in general. They were just as fearful of him as he was of them, hence decided to stop being at the same level and try and get over his own fears of them as well as solely focus on killing for his existence.

Then Shukaku got weaker and weaker before dying. Now a tree is in place of where he once was. Gaara thought, anger building up in him. Even though he originally feared the demon and still mad with realizing the tanuki tricked him into avoiding other people, he wanted to know what killed his only friend just days ago. I will avenge Shukaku. He was the only one who accepted my existence and even tricked me to protect it.

“A-Ah, Gaara… Killer intent.” Gaara blinked, looking at his brother Kankuro who was paled. He looked around, noticing the civilians giving him uneasy looks and Konoha ninja ready to attack.

“Sorry. Got too focused in my thoughts.” Gaara mumbled, blushing while looking down.

“It’s alright. Just control the killer intent. I rather not get on Konoha’s bad side.” Kankuro sighed, “Though, what’s wrong? You seemingly… Er, more grumpy?”

“Smooth, Kankuro, very smooth.” Temari said, shaking her head. “He hasn’t slept well the last few days, so it could be his insomnia is coming back some. Stop being an idiot and focus on the mission.”

“True.” Kankuro said, before glaring at his sister. “Hey, I am not an idiot!”

Even though they were once scared of me, they aren’t as scared now. I guess not being on their backs all the time makes them more relax around me. Gaara thought, pondering, Though, I find humans quite odd. All I did was make sure they stay in line and get their job done as ninja, yet they became super fearful of me. Now with relaxing my own fears, they also are less fearful of me… So complex...