Ch.3

“This stupid menu!” Naotsugu roared, barely blocking the balls of light being shot at him with his shield. “These controls suck!”

“Naotsugu! Two from your left!” Shiroe shouted, standing at the top of a building. Naotsugu blocked the two overgrown weasels with briars wrapped around their tails with his shield. However, the weasels used the vines stuck to their tails to whip at him while holding onto Naotsugu’s shield.

“They stink! Get them off!” Naotsugu whipped his shield to get the weasels off only to yell when one of the blasts of light hit his back.

“Icicle Ripper!” Las Boss shouted, unleashing a spell of ice. It hit Naotsugu’s shield, bouncing off to knock the weasels off his shield and back at the weasels unleashing the light attacks.

“Thanks, Las!” Naotsugu said, rushing before Las Boss and blocking the renewed barrage of distance spells from the weasels, Briar Weasels.

Would help if you just hot key your attacks! Las Boss thought, chanting under his soft breath for another spell. “Servant Summon: Wild Boar!” Las Boss shouted for a complex circle to form before him and a wild boar launched out of it. It bowled right into the weasels, scattering them.

“Boss, Naotsugu! Fall back for now!” Shiroe shouted, making Las Boss to look up and see him moving his hands to work his own menu.

“Roger!” Naotsugu shouted, giving Las Boss cover from the weasels’ attacks while the boar attacked and managed to kill one of the weasels. “This isn’t like a game at all,” Naotsugu looked back at the weasels as the boar ran backed to Las Boss to be healed.

This is a game. Just a tough one to fight in, Las Boss thought, holding out his spread. “Healing Wind!” Las Boss shouted, hitting his servant and Naotsugu with gentle green wind.

“Las, can you make them scatter?” Naotsugu asked, relief on his face with his wounds healing.

“Lightning Fall!” Las Boss shouted, unleashing a torrent of lighting from a seal under the weasels, forcing them to move to the sides. Naotsugu and Las Boss ran back, gaining some ground between them and the weasel. The boar stood between them and the weasels.

“Those buggers are tough!” Naotsugu shouted, stopping and readying his shield as the weasels recovered.

“I’ll use a Nightmare Sphere-Whoa!” Shiroe shouted, drawing Las Boss and Naotsugu’s attention to above in the destroyed building. “A Triffid?” Shiroe gasped, bound by the vines of a moving plant. It opened it’s huge purple bud, exposing the flower to be actually a mouth of razor sharp teeth. “Oh, shit. Where did it come from!” Shiroe managed to shout before the wind was knocked out of him when the Triffid slammed him into the wall. He did not get a chance to breathe with one of its vines with a cone like object on the end slammed into his stomach.

“Shiroe!” Naotsugu shouted before seeing Las Boss bolt past him.

“Willow Spirits!” A mess of glowing vines shoot off the building which Las Boss used to leap up on and easily reach the ledge Shiroe was on.

“No! Stop!!” Shiroe grunted, kicking at the vines that keep hitting him.

Just use the hot keys! Las Boss thought, glaring at Shiroe. “Call Storm!” Las Boss shouted as his body glowed, steam coming off it.

“Boss?” Shiroe gasped, getting another vine punching his gut.

“Flaming Cage!” Fire engulfed around the Triffid, causing it to howl in pain. Shiroe gasped when Las Boss cut him free from the vines and dragged him back as the flames overtook the monster and made it collapsed to the ground.