Ch. 14

“This is my fault.” A dark brown hair Cleric groaned, laying across the couch in Maryelle’s main office. “If I had never ignored him and kept my cool, he would have never quit the academy.”

“Iruka-kouhai, it’s not your fault.” A female assassin with silver hair sighed, rubbing the clerics head. “Though, my legs are going numb if you keep using my lap as a pillow.”

“S-Sorry, Kakashi-sempai!” Iruka instantly shot up, sitting on the couch next to Kakashi. “But, how else can you explain this mess we are in.” Iruka scratched the scar on his nose, looking down. “If Naruto did not quit the academy, he would be in school when the event that caused the Catastrophe would be happening. Even if this still happened, I still failed my students who are now captured.”

Kakashi looked at Iruka with two lazy eyes before ruffled the Cleric’s head. “Ma, ma. Such a mother hen. Do you remember the time you were in my team?” Kakashi asked, her silver hair falling over her auburn left eye, lining up with the scar over his left eye lids.

“Yeah. I was injured and became a teacher while recovering.” Iruka sighed, looking at the dog painting in the room. Though, this is a very odd room for a leader of an organization.

“Well, I felt horror since I was the leader of the team and you got hurt. Yet, it turned out well as you discovered your Will of Fire with being a teacher.” Iruka’s eyes widen at Kakashi. “It may seem bad at the moment, but you can’t give in. This might prove to just be a stepping stone to make both you and your students better in the long run.”

“How can being captured by Hamelin a stepping stone?” Iruka growled before sighing. “But, maybe you’re right. In this world, you can’t die. However, being captured and enslaved is horrible. I don’t know it from experience myself, but it can’t be good for the kids.”

“Maybe this is why you are such a good teacher. You’re a mother hen.” Kakashi laughed, getting a glare from the Cleric.

Still, I feel like this is all my fault and I could have stopped it from happening. Iruka sighed, bringing up his menus. It has been almost three weeks since Kakashi and he ended up in this odd world. Yet, we are no closer to helping out my students. The only thing we have managed to accomplish is die several times over and find out where Naruto is.

“Worried about Naruto with him going across this new continent?” Kakashi asked, snapping the Cleric out of his thoughts.

“Yes. Though it seems he is doing a far better job than us as he is helping Crescent Moon save a member from another city.” Iruka said, focused on the floor under his feet. “But, I have a feeling he will success in saving that person. The problem is I don’t think he will help us save the other students. He has the right to refuse with how we all acted towards him.”

I don’t even remember what I shouted Naruto at that cause him to quit the academy. It was probably something really petty for me to forget it. Iruka pondered over how Naruto would look now. Iruka kept close to the same appearance, but Kakashi had become quite different in appearance. How the hell did Kakashi-sempai turn into a girl, anyways?

“He’ll help us out.” Iruka looked, seeing the relaxed Assassin putting her hands behind her spiky silver hair, reclining some into the couch. “Naruto’s a good kid. He’s just at that point in life where he is discovering his direction.”

“His direction?” Iruka shook his head, “I think that smut you been reading has affected your brain too much.”

“Don’t insult Jiraiya-sensei. He is a great writer.” Kakashi said, “But, I am serious. Sometimes you find your direction at the worst times of your life. I did when I lost my best friend. I have a lot of regrets from those times, but I wouldn’t be who I am without them. So, give Naruto a bit more trust. I believe he deserves that much from us.”