chapter 17

It was almost midnight and Arnav hadn’t come home. She knows that he needed some time alone to think straightly. But it was midnight and she couldn’t help but worry about him. He has left home being very much disturbed." What if something hap... No Khushi aisa kuch nahi hoga. Hey devi maiyaa unki raksha karna. ( No Khushi nothing will happen to him. Devi maiya please protect him.)" Khushi thought to herself.

"I need to tell him what has happened. He needs to know. Maybe after thinking for sometime he will get that I was not lying. How can he misunderstand his Khushi? Then we also have to save di from Shyamji at any cost. Hey devi maiyaa what should I do." Khushi sat on the stairs hiding her face in her palms.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder. She opened her eyes at once thinking that person to be her Arnavji. But the person turned out to be the one she wishes to kill now.

"Khushiji the offer is still there. Leave Arnav and come with me. See, how he doesn't even trust you." Shyam said whisperingly.

"I don’t need to know from you what I have to do or not. Why did you do it? What have I even done to you? Why did you frame me Shyamji?"

"What to do Khushiji I need you. You’re a drug that everybody wants to have. And if I didn’t frame you like this I would not be able to get you because of your so called filthy husband." Shyam said.

"Why can't you understand you’re too precious to waste yourself on someone like that bloody filthy Arnav. My offer is still there. You can come to me anytime you want. By the way, if I can kill my own child then just imagine what can I do to get you."

Shyam smiled and patted her cheeks lightly and went from there leaving a thoughtful Khushi behind. As soon as Shyam went from there Khushi too ran back to her room. She closed the door carefully so that no one comes in.

"Hey devi maiyaa, aap ka lakh lakh shukriya. I hope sab kuch thik se record hua hain. ( Hey devi maiyaa, thank you very much. I hope everything got recorded.)" Khushi said taking the phone.

She had her phone in her hands this time. When Shyam started to speak she just turned on the voice recorder. She was praying that he himself spill the beans and her prayers were answered. Now she has a proof of her innocence. She can show that too Arnav and then both of them will kick Shyam out and save Anjali.

She was thinking all these when she heard a knock. She hid her phone carefully and came to the door. As she opened the door she saw Mami standing there.

"Mamiji aap? What are you.." Khushi couldn’t complete her sentence as she was engulfed in a tight hug by mami.

"Oh thank god you’re okay phati saree. I was scared that..." saying this mami came out of the hug and came inside the room locking the door.

"Mamiji..." she whispered being confused.

"What are you.... I mean do you want anything?" Khushi asked.

"I just wanted to make sure that you’re fine." Mami replied sighing.

"You're here for me?" Khushi was confused. Mamiji was the last person from who she can expect any single bit of support.

Mami understood what she was thinking and said, "I never hated you Khushi. Yah I always taunted you about your status but that was because I didn’t want you to become a part of this family. You see I hailed from a middle class family. Your mamaji and I had love marriage but your nani didn’t like me. I don’t know if it was because of my status or something else, I was never accepted whole heatedly. Years passed and I tried, tried harder to make my space here in this house and I was quite successful in that too. But I had to face a lot of hurdles which I never wanted you to face. While trying to make my identity as Manorama Singh Raizada, I lost my own identity who was once a cheerful girl.