Chapter 24

Another dream... not again... Lightning was sitting on top of that very same cliff, only this time, everyone was here. Lightning gazed around. Something wasn't right... Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, but when she stepped forward, they ignored her. 

What? She stepped forward, but couldn't seem to do so. There was something preventing her... Dread filled her as she desperately tried to move closer as the darkness pressed in on her. Sweat trickled down her face as she pushed against the wall. She opened her moth to scream as they all faded away, but no sound came out. 

No! This can't be happening! Then, she was all alone in the darkness. She could hear voices, whispers. 

"You left me to die..." Was that... Yorktown? 

"You killed our sister! It is all your fault!" Hornet... and Enterprise...  

"Freak." 

"Weirdo." 

"Outcast." 

"Burden." 

No... no... 

"You are a failure, Lightning, I expected more of you... But... you bring us disappointment." Optimus. 

He would never say that! Tears welled up in Lightning's blue eyes, streaming down her face. 

"No!!!!!!" Lightning's eyes snapped open as she got up, the tears still running down her face. 

"Is that true? Do they see me that way?" She headed to the sink, splashing the icy water on her face. Her eyes looked exhausted, hollow. She ran a hand through her hair. It had been impossible for her to get a decent night of sleep without the dreams returning. She coped. Well enough at least. The dreams had just gotten worse since Optimus left a few days ago. Lightning looked at the bed, contemplating whether she should still sleep. No. The dreams were bad enough. She exhaled shakily, the most recent dream coming to mind. Shaking her head to get rid of the memories, Lightning took out a piece of paper, picking up a pencil and putting on her earphones. She quickly picked a song, 'Iridescent' by Linkin Park. She pressed play, singing along to the lyrics as she drew. 

"When you were standing in the wake of devastation

When you were waiting on the edge of the unknown

And with the cataclysm raining down, insides crying save me now

You were there impossibly alone

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation

You build up hope but failure's all you've known

Remember all the sadness and frustration

And let it go, let it go

And in the burst of light that blinded every angel

As if the sky had blown the heavens into stars

You felt the gravity of temper grace falling into empty space

No one there to catch you in their arms

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation

You build up hope but failure's all you've known

Remember all the sadness and frustration

And let it go, let it go

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation

Unstable LoyaltiesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara