Chapter 20

(made some edits to the death scene)

She was here again. What was this place? Where and when? Most importantly, how? The fire raging on the sea, black oil coating the surface, the metallic tang of blood. It was all to familiar. The worst part, the bodies. All those she loved and held dear, dead, engulfed in the flames, their dull eyes staring straight at her. Maintaining her emotionless mask, she stepped forwards into the circle of fire. 

"Who are you?"  she screamed into the darkness. All too soon, that cloaked figure stepped out. 

"My, my, the coward is back, a pleasant surprise indeed," the figure sneered as she strode towards Lightning. Lightning's breathing quickened as she inched backwards. 

"Well then, let me make this clear to you. My name is Destructor." With that, Destructor raised her hands, raking her long, sharp fingernails across Lightning's face. 

"You will bring about your own destruction!" Destructor cackled as the flames lapped greedily at Lightning...

Later that day...

"Chaosbringers, a lot of them," Ratchet announced grimly as he looked at the monitors. 

"I think this may be it..." Bismarck whispered to the shipgirls as they exchanged a wary glance. 

"Autobots, roll out!" Optimus commanded as the groundbridge sprang to life. 

"Ah, Autobots and shipgirls, we have been waiting," Unicron snarled, his faceplates twisted into an evil grin. 

"Attack!" Unicron yelled as Lightning narrowed her eyes, shooting multiple arrows at one of the Sirens', Attacker, to be precise. Unsheathing her katana, she slashed at the Siren, never once faltering as her eyes glowed, the electric aura around her intensifying as she pressed on. Ducking, twisting, slicing. 

"Die," she growled as she shot an arrow at the Siren's heart, blood gushing out of the wound as Attacker coughed up blood, rasping, "Death will be inevitable, even for you, Lightning," as she breathed her last, eyes dulling. 

"Planner," Yamato hissed from beside her. 

"Leave her to me, you help Bismarck against Tester," Lightning muttered as she leaped onto a fighter, holding her katana at the ready. 

"Finally, the warrior is here! Time to have fun! Ahahaha!" Planner screeched as she fired at Lightning, who nimbly dodged the bullets, only one hitting her and sending a brief jolt of pain through her body. Lightning jumped off her plane as she brought her katana down upon Planner, slashing mercilessly at the Siren, drawing blood. Planner scored a lucky hit though, the bullet hitting Lightning's side, creating a deep wound. Lightning winced in pain, doing her best to hide it as she battled on. Pointing her katana's tip at Planner, she stepped backwards as her bombers arrived, dropping the explosives on the Siren. 

"I will never surrender..." Planner gasped for air, her breath rattling in her lungs as Lightning gazed down at her, emotionless as she swung the katana once more, slitting Planner's throat, the crimson liquid spraying out as the Siren fell limp. 

Optimus was fighting Unicron, (What else is new?)who was swinging his scythe and shooting Optimus. Optimus was holding up, for now. Lightning just headed over and shot some arrows at Unicron, who shot a few bullets at her. Lightning leaned back, narrowly avoiding them, but could feel the blood dripping out of her wound at her side, causing her to grit her teeth in pain. Her skin was littered with cuts and scratches as she raised her katana, blocking a hit. When Optimus was keeping Unicron busy, Lightning quickly initiated a bombing run as she slid to the ground, slicing at Unicron's pedes before flipping onto her feet. Raising her bow, she drew it , releasing the bowstring and shooting the arrows at Unicron. Unicron raised his scythe, preparing for the final blow to offline Optimus, but Lightning's plane got there first. Launching a rocket, the explosion knocked Optimus and Unicron back as Lightning gripped the ground, digging her fingers in to avoid being knocked away. She got to her feet, fury flashing in her eyes as she shot more arrows at Unicron before whipping out her katana, continuing the  onslaught.