Chapter 9

Somewhere... 

The cybertronian fixed his bright red optics onto the figure next to him, a woman with pale skin, black clothes and striking yellow eyes. 

"I understand that we both share the same... interests. Both of us long for complete control over these worlds. With the arrival of the Linker of Worlds, I now have the power to travel between worlds. It seems... fitting that we join forces and achieve our common goal," The metal being suggested. 

The woman seemed to consider this for a moment before nodding and her companion smiled, saying, "It appears a deal has been struck, Destructor."

At Azur Lane...

Lightning and Tirpitz dashed towards base, having just returned from the northern waters. High Command had ordered them to remain there despite Lightning unlocking her abilities, but less than a day later, all the members of High Command had been assassinated, leaving the shipgirls to fend for themselves. 

The both of them had instantly been recalled. 

Enterprise, Bismarck, Nagato and Queen Elizabeth were in charge of the main factions now. Siren activity had increased tremendously, the Sirens attacking almost every fortnight. There was no way that this war was going to end anytime soon, in fact, Lightning feared that it was just the beginning. There was an even greater problem. 

Several shipgirls had seen robot-like creatures with blood red eyes and bearing a certain insignia. The Decepticon insignia. Lightning had recognised it immediately. But it was very strange. Megatron and his followers had long switched sides and these "Decepticons" called themselves the Chaosbringers. All the pieces clicked in her head as Lightning looked at the evidence. If it was not Megatron, it had to be someone worse. Unicron, the bringer of chaos.

If he and his army could reach Azur Lane, it spelled disaster for both worlds. Enterprise looked up in surprise when the duo entered the meeting room but relaxed once she recognised them. Optimus' holoform was there as well. Some time ago, they had realised what was going on. 

An alliance between Sirens and Chaosbringers, thus, they had no choice but to combat them together as well. A deal was struck, that they would help each other for the time being. Lightning carefully took out the shard she and Tirpitz had found and handed it to Enterprise.  

The minute it landed on Enterprise's palm, a bright blue light filled the room and four ghostly figures stood before them. Soar, Sakura, Scarlet and Sovereign, to be precise. The founders hurriedly told the current leaders that in order to fight this rising darkness, they had to help each other. It was soon decided that Lightning would head to Cybertron to help the 'bots and she was to choose some companions. 

Lightning pondered for a while before announcing, "Bismarck, Yamato and... Essex." The four founders dipped their heads in acknowledgement before a bright blue light surrounded the three of them, enhancing their abilities and adapting them to live in space. 

"Space battleships Bismarck and Yamato as well as space carriers Lightning and Essex," the founders chorused once the light faded. Flamestriker, Lightseer and Bladesplash, three of the newest Autobots had also agreed to help out at Azur Lane. 

As soon as the meeting ended, announcements were made to ensure that the shipgirls knew what was imminent. The three that Lightning had chosen, along with Optimus and Lightning all teleported to Cybertron with the help of the charm Lightning had. 

"Ratchet came from Earth to help as well," Optimus told Lightning, who just nodded. As soon as they neared the Autobot base of Cybertron, Lightning signaled to the other shipgirls as they deactivated their wisdom cubes temporarily, causing their ships to appear, hovering in the air. Shock flashed in Optimus' optics when he saw this but he quickly hid it, bringing them to meet the 'bots. The team was mostly the same, except for Megatron and his team all there and a few new 'bots. Namely, Blueflash, Jewelbreeze, Skystreak and Flare. 

"All we know about the Chaosbringers is that Unicron is their leader, Thundercharge second-in-command and Windslash as medic," Optimus told the four of them. Just then, Ratchet, who had been watching the monitors closely, announced that a few of Unicron's Chaosbringers had been spotted near an Energon mine. Lightning exchanged a glance with the other shipgirls and they activated their wisdom cubes, causing their rigging to form around them. She heard some hushed exclaimations from the 'bots as they witnessed this, but Lightning ignored then, only focused on the upcoming battle. 

"Bumblebee, Ultra Magnus, Bulkhead, Acree, Skystreak and Flare will follow me," Optimus commanded, "Autobots, transform and roll out!" Ratchet activated a groundbridge and the group entered the swirling vortex. 

As Lightning stepped out, she spotted a dark blue Chaosbringer with a black helm and servos as well as a silver and grey Chaosbringer next to him. 

That must be Thundercharge, but who is with him?  Some troopers were gathered outside of the mine, preparing to enter. As Optimus' mouthguard slipped on, covering his faceplate, Lightning and Essex launched a few planes, getting ready for battle. They began their attack, Bismarck and Yamato providing cover fire. The sound of metal clashing resonated in the air as sparks flew. Lightning leaped onto one of her planes and fired arrows at some of the troopers, melting through their armor and killing them. 

Then, she grabbed her katana, pointing it downwards to start a bombing run. Now! Her mind screamed as she jumped off her plane, landing on the silver Chaosbringer, slicing through the metal with ease, thanks to her enhanced katana. 

"You better not get killed by a mere human, Silverfire, Unicron would not be pleased," Thundercharge growled. So that's his name. Lightning thought, just as she was thrown off, landing heavily on the ground. She hissed in pain as blood flowed out from the wounds on her arms and legs, he whole body bruised. Picking up her bow, she aimed it, shooting an arrow directly at his servo, burning the metal. 

Lightning easily dodged the blasts sent at her, although her whole body was alight with pain. Distracted by Lightning, Silverfire forgot about Skystreak, who she was fighting. Skysteak transformed her servo into a gun, firing at Silverfire and knocking her to the ground. Lightning shot yet another flame arrow at Thundercharge, who was already battered by her and Essex's bombing runs, causing him to grit his teeth in pain. 

"Chaosbringers! Retreat!" He yelled, before adding, "This is not over, 'bots." 

Blood trickled down the side of Lightning's face as Essex walked over to her. 

"Are you..." Essex never finished her sentence, as Lightning collapsed to the ground, her vision darkening, tuning out the world. 

"Lightning!" Bismarck screamed as she watched the golden haired girl fall, Essex barely managing to catch her in time...

I'm on a roll! Two chapters in a day, I congratulate myself! *claps hands* Okay, anyways, next update is tomorrow, hopefully. Bye people!

~Lightningstar out