Chapter 11

Lightning rolled onto her side, groaning. She could not seem to fall asleep. There was only one thing she could do now. Changing into her clothes, she picked up the katana, attaching is to her waist. Walking a small distance from the base, she unsheathed her katana, swiping it left and right, dodging imaginary blows, kicking, jumping. Raising the katana above her head, she slammed it down for the final blow, doing it with such power that the ground trembled slightly. Tears fell from her eyes, her grip loosening as the katana fell to the ground. 

She drew in a shuddering breath as thoughts tumbled in her head. She did not want to open up, did not want to be weak. She just wanted this war to end, but she felt so lonely. Her heart ached for her just to let it all out, to open up, share her worries with Optimus. But she couldn't. She stood on the edge of her flight deck, hearing steps behind her, she turned around, snapping, 

"What are you doing here?" Optimus was taken aback by her response and the hurt showed on his face. Tears welled up in Lightning's eyes as she gasped, realising what she said. Spinning around, she ran into the ship, Optimus activating his holoform to run after her. 

Optimus seemed to run down never-ending hallways, twisting and turning. 

"This is my ship, you know, why are you here?" Lightning asked, her eyes an icy blue. The cold, emotionless mask hiding the pain within. Optimus knew that Lightning was hurting. He could tell. Her eyes were dull and she only put on the mask when she was pained. 

"Please, Lightning, tell me what is wrong..." Optimus whispered. Lightning sucked in a breath as the pain became too much to bear. Her mask slipped off as tears streamed down her face. 

"I'm afraid... scared that if I get too close it'll be too painful to leave again and... and that others will think I'm weak. I don't want to prove myself again," Lightning confessed. 

"If you really love someone, then you should let them go," Optimus said, looking at Lightning who just sighed, nodding. 

Soon enough, the both of them were sitting on Lightning's flight deck, gazing up at the stars. A certain battleship slipped out of the med-bay, smiling when she saw the both of them. Walking towards them, she sat down too, the three of them stargazing in a comfortable silence. 

When they next entered the base, Blueflash was flirting with Yamato, again. 

"Blueflash," Lightning warned, "What we did to Eclipse was a mere scratch. Do not test Yamato's patience, if you know what is good for you." Blueflash, upon hearing this, backed away from Yamato, looking fearful, while Yamato just smirked, Lightning placing a hand on the battleship's shoulder. 

"Want to eat breakfast?" Lightning asked her companions, who just nodded. "Then let's go, we are having pancakes, by the way!" She yelled over her shoulder as she headed towards her ship. The others just smiled, following her into the ship, Optimus watching them, happy at Lightning's change. 

Shortly after, they headed out, towards an area where Chaosbringers had been spotted. Unicron and Eclipse were there, as well as two more next to them. A black mech with blue markings and an orange one with red servoes and pedes. 

"Lunar and Solar, twins," Optimus muttered and Lightning just nodded in acknowledgement. 

"Attack!" Optimus ordered as Yamato and Bismarck fired salvoes of AP shells towards them. Drawing her bow, Lightning started to launch planes, heading straight for Unicron. Unsheathing her katana, she sliced it in Unicron's direction, the latter bringing down his scythe on her. Lightning, unfazed, brought her katana up, blocking his attack. Optimus, sensing this chance, transformed his servo into a gun, firing at Unicron. 

"No!" Lightning shrieked as Unicron swung his scythe towards Optimus instead. Anger filled her and Lightning felt her wisdom cube grow hot in rage. An unfamiliar feeling of power washed over her as light burst out from her wisdom cube. Her eyes were glowing an electric blue as she raised her katana, swinging it at Unicron, causing Energon to drip from the wound. Her long hair flying behind her, Lightning fired arrows at Unicron. 

Her vibrant blue gaze fixated on him, fury showing in her eyes as she ordered her bombers to attack. The planes flew down in perfect nosedives, executing the run without a single mistake. Lightning swung her katana, landing blow after blow on Unicron, the bright blue aura around her glowing even more as Unicron weakened. Optimus wasted no time, transforming his servo into a sword, bringing it down on Unicron. 

Just then, Eclipse fired a shot at Lightning, who whipped around, slicing her katana directly through the bullet. Lightning smirked as she twirled her katana, pointing it straight at Eclipse as her planes dove down from above. 

"Bismarck, now!" She screamed as Bismarck fired all her guns, he shells raining down on Eclipse. Lightning sliced at Eclipse using her katana, showing no mercy, until Unicron sounded a retreat with a bone-chilling glare at Lightning, who stood her ground, brilliant blue eyes glaring right back at him. 

The blue light slowly died down as Lightning asked, "Is everyone alright?" 

The 'bots all gazed at her in utter shock as the shipgirls explained, "Lightning may have awakened her wisdom cube. An awakening is essentially, making the shipgirl more powerful." 

Lightning just strode over to Blueflash, muttering, "Next time, think twice before you flirt with Yamato." With that, she sheathed her blade, walking through the swirling green vortex that appeared in thin air, the others following in a stunned silence.

Back at base, Lightning slowly wiped her katana using her cloth before heading up her ship, beginning to train again. she swiped and  dodged, leaping into the air and flipping, thrusting her foot backwards in a strong kick, landing on the flight deck effortlessly as she pulled out her bow, launching one plane after another. She swung her katana, blocking shots that Yamato sent her way, the battleship helping her train.  

"I wish this war would end," Lightning thought out loud. 

"As do I," Yamato replied. 

"I will fight, not just to defeat the enemy, but to protect those I love, and that is what holds the most meaning to me," Lightning whispered as she lowered her katana, pointing it at the ground.  

Phew, another chapter completed! That was exhausting, I think its time for a break. I'll update again tomorrow, hopefully...

~Lightningstar out