Chapter 9

After the shed incident, Mina and I haven't talked much. Maybe some small talk here and there but not a full conversation. Not that we would have one even if it didn't happen. Actually, in fact, it makes sense why we aren't talking. I still have a fever.

I groan as I fall on the floor right before being able to hold the door handle. "Ughh, such a pain in the ass," I mumble under my breath. I hear the door creak open, and I see Jae with his guitar on his back, "Yo, what's goo- what are you doing?" He stifled his laugh as he came inside the room to help me back onto the bed.

"I just feel useless laying down all day with all of you guys coming in and out to take care of me when it's no big deal," I rant to him, but he pays no attention. "Hm? Say that again?" Jae was too busy strumming his guitar. I swear I felt the fever fume hotter.

He lets go of his clueless look and laughs, "I was joking! I heard you, I heard you." Jae tuned and turned his tuning keys. Though we haven't known each other long, he was annoying to an extent. I frown and face my back to him.

"Don't worry, Y/N. I'm sure no one minds. I'm also pretty sure everyone here is glad," He giggled. "Ah- but not in a bad way, you know what I mean?" Jae glances at me to make sure I didn't misunderstand.

Since Mina's not here, I have the space to lay on my stomach. I groan as my head throbs a few times, "No, I do not understand, in fact. Be the good friend you are and explain, Jae." As much as I hate buttering someone up, it was the easiest way to get him to speak.

The glasses freak spun around in his- Mina's chair, "Hmhm~ Well, what I meant was that we get a chance to get to know you more." I blink, "I.. I see." It was clear from my voice I didn't know how to respond. Something caught my notice.

"What happened to your glasses?" There was a singular crack on one of his lenses. Jae laughed and took it off to show me a closer look, "I dropped it while I was kicking down the bathroom door!" I hum. Wait, then doesn't that mean.. "Doesn't that mean that the lock for the bathroom is broken now?"

He gasps in realization, "IT IS! Wait, it's not a big deal though.. I think. We'll just replace it sometime this month, it's fine." I sigh in relief. "About your glasses.." "Hm?" "..I'll work and buy you new ones." I promise him. He puts his glasses back on, "No thanks, one small line won't make me blind." "But-" "No means no, dude," He clicks his tongue playfully.

I sigh, but this time in annoyance. I'm still gonna buy him it secretly. The conversation didn't continue further. There was occasional strumming, the sound of a pencil writing, and our breathings. I closed my eyes in attempt to sleep.

Jae furrows his brows at himself. He hesitantly place his fingers to make a chord and began strumming, but this time, it was a full piece. It was as if he knew the lyrics but seemed too stopped by something to complete his sentences, mumbling more than half lyrics.

"I don't even know how I can talk to you now"

"Thought we were meant to be"

"I'll play the fool instead"

Jae's incoherent strumming began to build up to the chorus.

And, in a small voice, he exhaled,

"Congratulations"

The strings were abruptly stopped by his hand that lightly slapped over it. The guitarist looks up from his glasses to check on me, and thankfully, I was sound asleep. He shook his thoughts out before grinning widely. Jae hums a upbeat simple melody, "Yep, yep. Vocals are perfect as always, amazing Jae."