Chapter 7

We're having breakfast at the table. Lucky enough, there was a seat for me. Rain spatters on the ground outside as we ate.

"So, how was your guys' sleep?" Yuna asks while taking a bite of her food. "I dreamt that you were nice to me for once," Jae yawns until he suddenly yells out. We all look at Yuna but she avoids eye contact with us and continued eating.

"I have to go on a short business trip, so I won't be here," Namjoon puts his dishes in the sink. "How long?" Jae copies. He looks up to think, "Hm, probably a few days. Three days at least." I stand up to put my things away too and wash my hands. Yuna was almost done eating, "In this rain?" Namjoon hums. Wendy points to an umbrella, telling Namjoon to bring it with him.

"I didn't expect for me to go this early, but hopefully they treat you good," He apologizes to me and I have a mini panic. "What? Na- no, it's fine!" I shake my head. "Take care," I tell him and he smiles at me. "Make sure you guys are nice to Y/N/N!" He grabs the umbrella before making his way out. We hear the fabric flap open as his footsteps slowly disappear.

Jae whines, "Aw man, now I'll be arriving to my shift drenched." "Mmm~ Your cooking was great as always, Wendy!" Yuna gives her a thumbs up. Wendy smiles and mouths a thanks. Now, everyone was done eating.

"Hey! Don't ignore me!" Jae tries pouting to get our attention. Of course, it did.. along with our cringed faces. He wipes his nonexistent tears, "I'll be going now." I slightly felt bad, "Cover yourself with a jacket. Don't get a cold." "Yep, yep. Got it," Jae follows as I say then heads out. "Bye guys!" He waves then shuts the door.

I look back to see Yuna and Wendy arguing. I walk towards them, "What's wrong?" They look at me at the same time. "I'm trying to tell Wendy that I'll wash the dishes, but she won't listen," Yuna holds her head. That's all? "I can wash the dishes," I offer. Yuna makes an elderly sigh, "No, no, no. I'll do it, Y/N/N-" Wendy shushed her with her finger then pointed at herself.

I chuckle, "It's fine. I'll wash them." Wendy crossed her arms and shook her head. Yuna nodded in agreement, "Mhm, Wendy's right. I'll do it." Wendy glared at Yuna, 'I did not say that.' I could tell she tried saying.

"Mina, who do you think should wash the.." We all look over and see Mina with her sleeves rolled up scrubbing the plates. "..dishes.." Yuna got quiet in disbelief. She looks over, "Hm? Oh, you guys took too long so I decided to do it." Mina resumes. They were speechless in defeat.

While they gave up, I wanted to clear my bounty. "I'll help you," I stand beside her and rinse the dishes she washed. She glances at me but didn't say anything, letting me do as I wanted. It was silent for a while with only the running water and clanking of the dishes audible. I got tired of it and brought up a conversation. "So, how did Wendy lose her voice?"

"She overworked it while doing a street performance," Mina nonchalantly explains. I hum, "I see." I look up to think, "Well, it's not that bad. It's like a sign of hard work." "Tell that to Wendy, not me," She steps on my toe—I don't know if it was on accident or not. "Shi!-" I bite my tongue to stop myself from yelling. I resist glaring at Mina, "My bad." I try my best not to say anything under my breath.

It was just a compliment. What's so bad about giving a compliment? I know it wasn't for you, but that doesn't mean you have to step on me for it... I ended up making grumbling noises that sounded like I was cursing someone.

"Are you gonna hold cup forever?" Mina flicked water on my face. With my eyes closed, I mentally sigh, "Sorry, I was thinking of.. something." I felt my eye twitch. Stay calm, me. She just needs to warm up to you like Namjoon said.

We finished and I was now drying my hands.

Mina mumble something. I look over, "Hm?" Her voice was too quiet and I couldn't make out what she said. She groaned, "Nevermind." I got even more curious, but I knew I couldn't persist. I scrunch up my brows, trying to remember and trying to figure out what she said to clear me from my curiosity.