Chapter 41

One year later ~

'Minmee, Raho your noona is here.' Meera kissed the bowl as she entered the house.

'You are mom now, why are you still Noona.' Minho states as he  settled the luggage.

'I am not old.' Meera laughs sticking her tongue out.

'Does it even make sense? If I am their dad you are the mom. End of discussion.' Minho says as he pulls her to the couch.

'So tell me birthday boy, what do want to do?' Meera asks as he lays on her lap.

... ... ...

'Can you not go out? We just have two days.' Minho said as Meera got ready to go meet her intern colleagues. 

'I will be quick, just Hyu Jin and Minji. ' Meera pouts as Minho was still not convinced.

'Hyu Jin this Hyu Jin that, one year into relationship and still can't avoid that guy.' Minho mutters as Meera giggles at his undying jealousy.

'Take me to SM afternoon, I want to meet NCT and your members.' Meera states as she closed the main door.

... ... ...

'Hey, when did you come?' Kun said surprised as Meera entered their practice room. 'Helloo, I just dropped by while I came Korea.' Meera greeted. 

'That's amazing. How are you?' Kun asked as they sat down. 'I am fine, what about you?' Meera said. 'Yeah everything is fine with me.' Kun replied and they chatted a while.

'My father is so impressed with my cooking these days. Its all thanks to you. Thank you for teaching me so patiently.' Meera states and Kun gives a humble smile.

... ... ...

'I got myself a birthday present.' Meera said placing a box.

'Your birthday is months away silly.' Minho replied.

'Its your birthday's return gift silly.' Meera giggled as she opened the box and showed him a his artist signature necklace which she got from SM store.

'Why did you buy that, I would have bought you a better pendant.' Minho blushed as he saw it.

'No, I love this put it on.' Meera said holding her hair up so that he could put it around for her.

... ... ...

'I am quitting my job.' Meera informed as she laid on Minho chest while quite music played in the room.

'Why?' Minho asked caressing her hand.

'I am capable of doing it but I don't have some kind of satisfaction with it.' Meera replies.

'So what did you think of? Is your family okay with this?' Minho questions calmly.

'Dad is going to be skeptic for obvious reasons. It might come as a shock. Now that I look at it all my life all I did was create a false expectation around me. Maybe I just wanted to prove I was an ideal child like Rohan. Every time he did something, I wanted to prove I can do it too. Its not his fault to be good at everything but it made me feel like I would be neglected if I wasn't amazing at things. But Rohan loves his job I don't.' Meera explains as her eyes turn moist and a tear falls on Minho.

'Baby its not too late, its never late to realize what you actually want to do.' Minho says sitting up as Meera wipes her eye.

'I am just so scared.' Meera sighs.