Chapter 7

edited 2021

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Later, the team headed to a Karaoke bar, and the drinking continued. Meera left for a restroom break after sitting in for a few songs. She could read the lyrics but had never tried listening to the songs on her own. 

Poorva would have been very disappointed if she ever found out. She even made a list of Karaoke and K-pop songs. She gave it to Meera so that she could memorize them but Meera confidently thought not all people were obsessed with K-pop. Hell, she couldn't have been more wrong.

As Meera headed to the restroom, a girl walked beside her, completely wasted. She noticed the girl dropped her head down as it most likely started to spin. 

'Hey, are you okay?' Meera asked as she supported her. 'Yeah, just feeling dizzy,' the girl replied. She had a bubbly face and was cute even when drunk.

'Do you need some help?' Meera offered, giving her shoulder for support.

'Thank you,' the girl took her offer as they walked into the washroom.

'You shouldn't drink so much,' Meera said as she patted the girl who puked into the toilet. She was used to being the helper. Poorva had a low tolerance to alcohol, yet she liked drinking and puking her guts out till the dawn of the next day.

'Thanks, Miss,' the girl said blearily. As they were heading out a group of girls who introduced themselves as the drunk girl's friends showed up.

'Take care of her,' Meera said, handing her to them. They left Meera behind as she made her way back to the table.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

'Should I walk you back?' Hyu Jin offered.

'No, no, I'm fine. ' Meera declined as she got herself a taxi. She got into the car, feeling tired from her night, and waved to Hyu Jin as the driver pulled away.

As soon as Meera entered her apartment, she sighed and sat down on the floor. She was taking her heels off when she was spooked by the main door suddenly opening.

On the other side of the door, Minho turned open the knob and was shocked to see a girl was sitting on the floor. He screamed thinking it was a ghost at first.

'Aaaaah! Don't come near me, I'll kill you!' the girl said, lifting the umbrella in her hands.

'Who are you?' Minho asked, holding his hand to his heart.

'I'm going to report you. How do you know the passcode? Were you following me?' Meera questioned ready to hit him with the umbrella.

'Hey!!! I'm the house owner, who are you?' Minho asked, baffled and putting his hands up in surrender.

'What? Minseok-ssi's younger brother? He was supposed to come back a month later,' Meera replied, confused.

'That brother is me. Now tell me what you are doing in my apartment,' Minho commanded.

'Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Meera and I recently moved to Korea. Your brother said I could stay here for a while. I didn't know you would return from the military so soon,' the girl, Meera, introduced herself. She lowered the offending umbrella in her hands, placing it back in its rack.

'I see, Let me talk to my brother,' Minho said, dialing his brother's phone.

'Hello!' came a voice on the other side.

'Hyung, did you just lease my house, without even asking me?' Minho complained.

'Why are you home so early? Wasn't it next month?' Minseok replied.

'How could you do this?' Minho enquired, undoubtedly angry.

'Yah, just let her stay for a short time. I'll come to drop by and explain everything to you,' Minseok replied and he cut the call.

'Welcome back! What's your name?' Meera asked, smiling hesitantly.

'Minho,' he said, glaring at her as he entered the living room. She followed closely behind. It was a bigger shock than having a girl live in his apartment. The whole room was a mess; take-out remains, files, crushed waste papers, drink cans, and all sorts of garbage littered the room.

'WHAT THE HELL!?' Minho yelled, shaking his head, clearly annoyed with the scene.

'I'll clean it ASAP. I am so sorry.' Meera bowed shamefully.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

So finally after 6 chapters, Minho is here. 

do vote up and comment.