✔ Twenty-sixth Chapter

"Miss Innogen, here are the paperworks you have to sign." Kira's voice, my personal assistant, said that made me look up to her.

I massaged my forehead and leaned back to my chair. "Kira, why are you talking to me like that?"

"We're in the building, dear. We need to be careful," she whispered then winked at me.

I sighed with a smile. "Okay." I put my left hand up to get those papers in her hands. "Did you review those proposals I sent you?"

She nodded. "I did. They sounded decent, but we can still make some improvements at some points."

"Agreed." I nodded while reading these papers that are in my hands. I've always love to read since I was a kid, that's why I'm a fast-reader. I could even focus in reading while doing other things. "So we are continuing to get high sales, huh?"

"Yup! Especially now with that project of yours." She sat on the chair in front of my table. "That boosted up the company's name. Why haven't I thought of that before?"

I laughed. Ang totoo niyan kasi, after studying this business, I immediately proposed that rest house/hotel project to her. That was what the meeting last week was about.

First meeting with the "sole" owner because that was the very first project of KZ Enterprise na magpoproduce talaga ng isang hotel. Puro kasi sponsor lang ng mga gamit na kailangan para magpatayo ng mga ganung gusali ang kompanyang ito, kaya iyon, nagkaron ng meeting.

"Kira, dear, you focused on making this company as big as this, so you don't have to worry about why you haven't thought about this," I smiled at her. "Besides, I'm the show remember?"

She returned my smile. "Oo nga pala. As a shadow, I needed to work without getting known. Support lang ako kumbaga." She sighed and smiled. "Miss Innogen, I believe my intuition was right by hiding you until last week."

"Agree," and we laughed.

Looks like Doc Xian's advice before we left Philippines that time worked well.

"Okay sige na Miss Innogen. I need to get back to work," Kira raised from sitting.

"Take a break after you give these papers to those departments," I ordered her.

"Yes ma'am."

And she left my office.

"I'll be there soon, okay? You're still my patient so you better do whatever I'm going to tell you to do."

Hindi na niya ako yakap, nakalagay na lang ang mga kamay niya sa balikat ko.

I rolled my eyes. "And they're what huh?"

He breathed and took his hand back, and put them in his pocket.

"Just one, for now, and that is..."

"What?" 

"Changed Sian. Turn her into a strong-willed, smart, and proud woman."

Nagkunot-noo ako sa sinabi niya. "What do you mean? Ganun na naman siya ah."

Umiling siya. "She's not. It's not going to be enough especially if you two will battle the Travis in the future."

"Okay? So what do you want me to do? How am I going to make her mature?"

He looked at me with serious face. "Start from the bottom. With no money, no connections from your rich life, start being poor, start from the scratch, start from that."