✔ Twenty-fifth Chapter

"What if people didn't like it?" 

"Why wouldn't they? It would boost people to come in the place because there would be a place to rest and stay."

"What about those people who lived nearby? What are you going to do with them? If they leave the place then that tiny population that that place has would lessen even more! It would hurt not only this KZ Enterprise, but also that place where your project is going to be build at."

i smirked at his questions and at what he is trying to do.

Syl, your tactics won't work on me.

"Mr. Travis, those people who are living nearby will work on the rest place that I'm planning to built. That hotel is just a part of my project because there would be set of apartments where those people would live, which is another part of my project. They won't leave the place and they would work for it." I tilted my head and looked at him. "It's hitting three birds with one stone. One project equals a better life for those people, new jobs opportunities, will attract more tourists, and would be a great income to the KZ Enterprise."

I saw Dear snickered. "Keep it up," she mouthed.

I raised my eyebrow and pretended to look at him, still. "Oops, did I say three? I meant four birds with one stone."

"B-But," he cleared his throat. "How could you be so sure that people from other places would come and stay to that rest house or hotel whatsoever?"

I tilted my head. "May I remind you Mr. Travis that there are tourists who visit that place but didn't stay as long as they would like. Now why is that? Because they didn't have a place to stay at, and KZ Enterprise is going to end that misery."

Knowing him, his already gritting his teeth with how his questions didn't bother me at all.

Syl, I know things that you don't know when it comes to business. I am an Ayala, the family that reigned over the business world for decades.

"If you're done with your questions regarding about my project, this meeting is now adjourned." I looked to the Board of Directors. "Unless you have something to ask, too." I gave them a gentle smile.

Some of them gulped, others inhaled sharply, but all of them shook their heads sideways.

I gave them a nod. "This meeting is over."

Nagsitayuan na silang lahat at medyo nanginginig pang umalis. Syl was about to say something to me but he chose to leave the meeting room.

"Well, well, well Ms. Innogen. I believe you slapped the heck out of that jerk with your answers," Kira said, smirking.

"I did, but I know him," I looked at the closed door. "Gaganti at gaganti siya."

"Edi gumanti siya. Tignan lang natin kung sino ang unang susuko."

We started to get out of the room and I turned back to gave her a sweet smile.

"Dear, I'm not even starting my revenge yet. That was just a mere greeting for what is coming."

"I never thought that a goddess like you from that night can be a hot lady-CEO in a meeting."

It didn't surprise me that he just barged into my office. Part of the plan.

"Ever heard of manners Mr. Travis?" I asked without looking up from my computer.

"Ever heard of greeting your visitor with a pleasant attitude?" He returned a question.

"Ever heard of knocking?"

"Ever heard of meeting your visitor's eyes when talking to him?"

"Ever heard of the word 'busy'?"

"Ever heard of the word 'lunch'?"

"Ever heard of the answer, 'I'm not interested'?"

His hands were already on my office table when I noticed them. "I'm not going to ask any more side comments." He banged my table with his fists. "How dare you embarrassed me in front of the Board of Directors?"

I stopped typing and sighed. Then I tilted my head to meet his glare. "How dare you questioned my decisions?"

"It's part of my job to question things that would harm this company!"

"May I remind you that you're just a business partner and nothing more? I respect your concerns, but do you really think I would harm my own company? Also, you may have the right to question me, but your 'right' is limited and you should know your place Mr. Travis."

I gave him my serious look and he gulped and took a step back.

"L-Limited? Why the hell there's a limit on my—"

"You are just a partner, you do not own any shares of my company. Therefore, you have actually no rights to give me a bunch of essay questions to answer. Lastly, if you ever do have questions, feel free to ask them away, but never take my shareholders' turns to question me."

He gave me a glare that the old me would be so scared to see, but not the new me.

"This is not over!"

I leaned my hands on my table and sat properly. "I say, it is. You may leave now."

"We're not even done talking! I'm not even done talking with yo—"

"But I am. Go. Get out of my office or I will call security to escort you out."

Halos makita kong umusok ang kanyang ilong sa galit pero tumalikod na rin siya, naglakad at binuksan ang pinto. Yet, he stopped and glanced back at me.

"You're a feisty goddess," he smirked. "I like that."

"And I don't really care. Get out."

He got this evil grin on his face. 

"Remember what I said from my company's party?" he chuckled to himself. "I'll get you from him."

At tuluyan na siyang umalis.

Nakatulala lang ako sa pintuan at tsaka bumuntong-hininga.

"Poor you," I sighed again as I shook my head. "Like he'll let you do that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our school starts this week. I'm going to be busy again, and Synth? Well, she's not hahaha xD 
I'm sorry if this is all I could do with this chapter. Stress si Aks eh! May nangaaway kasi :'(

Haha, take care sweeties! Till my next UD ;) -Aks