✔ Fifty-third Chapter

Hindi ko alam ang sinulat ko. My goodness! Sorry kung ano ha? Haha T.T

-Aks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, what is this all about?" I asked after kong ayusin ang aking mga dala sa puntod.

"You already know it, Mackenzie."

"Know what Doc Xian?"

"About the real identity of mine," he said quietly and I stilled. "I saw you. Wait, no, I was watching you since you entered the room, that night of the ball, and you met up with Lilac Kizon. She told you everything."

I licked my dry lips and nodded. "Yes, ate Lilac did. But I want to hear it from you. I want to know it from the real Sean Krauss. Why did you do... everything that you did?"

"I want to know first," he looked at me skeptically. "Why didn't you confronted me that night?"

I smiled. "Dear put a lot of effort for that ball, I didn't want to ruin it for her. Besides, I was pre-occupied with my plan. You know, the announcement to the whole world that Mackenzie Ayala is alive and kicking."

He nodded. "I see."

"You can start now."

"Oh really?" He asked amused then shook his head and sighed. "One of the kidnappers, as you already know, brought me to a clinic. He left me there after banging the clinic's door." He turned and stared outside the graveyard house. "The man that owned the place opened his door and found me — shocked, afraid, and well-beaten up. He immediately took me in and took care of me. When he was cleaning my wounds, I got curious and fascinated on how he could lessen the pain. But I kept my mouth shut. I was still scared that if I talk, he would also hurt me."

"I was waiting for that moment. For his blows to land on my young body... but it never happened. Instead, he kept on trying to make me talk and kept on taking care of me. He told me stories about his life. I found out that his wife had died but instead of rotting in the dark, he chose to get up and take care of their only son." He turned his head and looked at me. "That was Lance," he smiled a little then returned to staring outside.

"Lance helped me opened up. He was patient enough to teach me everything he knew as a kid around our age. Soon enough, I recovered and the first thing that I said was, 'I want to be like you.' I blurted it in front of them while looking at the old man. He laughed, Lance was delighted. After that, the old man, whose name was Max, became my teacher in medicinal field. And Lance, who wanted to be a businessman and a racer, became my sort of student because I know enough about those two things he wanted to be."

"We became close, like a happy family. One day, dad Max told me that I needed to go back to my own family, but I told him 'not yet' because I heard from the kidnappers that if I got back to the Krausses, they would take me away again and hurt my family, my baby sister. I couldn't give them that privilege. Old man understood and so did Lance. They knew my story and helped me get information about the Travis — the family who was the mastermind behind the kidnapping."

I gulped as I try to absorb Xian's — no, Sean's — story.

"As I grew up, I became Xian Rafael — a name that was close to my original but different enough to be an alias, while the last name was old man Max's. Lance, on the other hand, wanted to let the world know about his mom, and so he decided to use Casteñeda as his last name. Dad Max did not have any problem with it, and when he died due to the old age, Lance and I decided to use his money from retirement for his grave. We placed him next to his wife."