✔ Epilogue

SynthAks other stories:

~Shadow's Revenge (Completed)
~Her Nightmare's Hell (Completed)
~Logger: Error404 (Completed)
~Saira's Dilemma (Completed)
~The Untamable Woman (Completed)
~Lost Ace (Completed)
~Forgotten Child (On-going)
~Letters A-Z (Completed)
~Pink Eraser (One-Shot)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If..."

"What?"

"If... if I didn't do all those things to you, if I didn't hurt you, if I didn't trick you in the very first place," he sighed deeply. "D-Do you think we would... end up together? L-Like we would still be married and actually had a happy life together?"

I studied him for quite a while. He had changed big time. He has a beard now, lost weight, and have dark circles under his eyes.

If that really didn't happen, would it really change anything?

"Mac?"

I met his eyes and saw how apologetic and tired he is. And so, with a genuine, small smile, I answered his question.

"I don't think so, Syl," I shook my head. "Our marriage would still be invalid because I was already promised to someone else before you even tricked me."

Kumunot-noo siya. "Promised to someone? What do you mean? Kasal ka na agad eh wala ka pa naman sa tamang edad nun ah?"

My smile widened. "True, but I was already engaged, you know. And you are right, I wasn't on the right age when that even happened. Sa Ayala kasi, kapag naka-arranged marriage na ang isang myembro, para ka na ring kinasal sa kanya. Iyong tipong, kahit sa ayaw mo man o sa gusto, sa kanya ka makakasal."

"Kahit hindi mo mahal?"

I nodded. "That's the darkness of the Ayala. It doesn't matter whether the outsider girl is not like by the Ayala guy. Once the parents decided that he'll be married to her, he will be married to her. Ayala's power can easily influence the girl's family and so, not being able to do anything once the arranged marriage is done also applies to the girl."

"Does that mean... you don't love your husband?"

Syl's question made me laugh.

"What kind of question is that, Syl? Of course I do! I love Xian very much and I know that he feels the same way to me, too. That's the funny part," I smiled. "Somehow, even though my aunts got forcefully married to my uncles, they ended up falling in love with them — with each other. I was exempted that time when I married you because I was the first girl of the clan."

"Except ka o pinilit mo lang talaga sila?" he laughed and I joined him.

"What can I say? They just love me that much," I answered. "But still, knowing my parents and the whole clan, like I'd just said, mawawalan ng bisa ang kasal natin dahil I'm already engaged with my now-husband, Sean Krauss. Na kilala natin as Xian Rafael."

Syl shook his head. "Wow. Your clan is just full of mystery, Mac."

"Exactly," I agreed then stood up. "Thank you for meeting me, Syl. I really appreciate it."

He remained seated but he looked up. "Ako ang dapat na magpasalamat sa'yo, Mac. Mukhang nakabuti ang pagkakakulong sa'kin, haha. Ang dami kong kasalanan sa'yo, sa a-anak natin, at sa pamilya mo. Salamat at napatawad mo pa ako... kami ng pamilya ko."